Sonic Electronix

Okay so my set up is pulling about 2400watts off a stock alt and just one batt just till i get my new alt and second battery. Heres the problem. with some songs when the bass hits my hu just shuts off and then turns back on and works fine . there is a few songs this does it to. But its not just when im Idling i can be driving and it happens. now tom. Im taking out my hu and making sure that my ANT wire is in the hole all the way since i didnt get the right wire end . but any other ideas?

Just re-check all the harness wires behind the HU to make sure everything is 100% in place. It also might be that you're getting such bad voltage drops that it will cut out or even slightly short. But for it to be that bad of a voltage drop the amps prolli would also be cutting out.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Just re-check all the harness wires behind the HU to make sure everything is 100% in place. It also might be that you're getting such bad voltage drops that it will cut out or even slightly short. But for it to be that bad of a voltage drop the amps prolli would also be cutting out.

Right after I got my H/U installed, before the system or ANYTHING, I was tuning the H/U for my highs without the car on, and that's when I realized my battery was shot. Whenever I would turn it up loud, the h/u would cut off. So like Marlo said, it's probably because the huge voltage drops, but check everything too just to be safe.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

its voltage drop. you have really bad electrical for the power your running. some HUs shut off at 10-11v so they cut out before the amps do. some amps come with a little cap on the power wire to help with this but you need to look into your electrical ASAP

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

its voltage drop. you have really bad electrical for the power your running. some HUs shut off at 10-11v so they cut out before the amps do. some amps come with a little cap on the power wire to help with this but you need to look into your electrical ASAP

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

yeah im getting a 270 amp alt from mechman. and then prolly a Kinetik 800 under the hood and a 2400 in back

Archived