Sonic Electronix

is 155.1 db ok for about 5K watts

Still looks intense. but I wouldn't advertise .5 ohm. They'll do it, but if it blows it wouldnt be covered under warranty. Good luck though and No Steve...no shops left and those that are pretty shady, but then again they have to be when in competition with the internets.

well i know its hittin hard,, i see the destruction everywhere on my yukon,,i never was into the numbers,,more of the freakshow,,,the shock factor,,,but now im curious

well i know its hittin hard,, i see the destruction everywhere on my yukon,,i never was into the numbers,,more of the freakshow,,,the shock factor,,,but now im curious

also,, none of the gains have been set on a volt meter,,so would that gain any thing.. and what else can a person do to gain more db an still keep the factory look inside

also,, none of the gains have been set on a volt meter,,so would that gain any thing.. and what else can a person do to gain more db an still keep the factory look inside
sound deadener....maybe? there have been time when compettitirs lose #'s after deadening. get rid of all fabric and replace with vynil, headliner etc make sur heater ac vents are all closed turnd off when testing remove headrests recline seats take off all panels seal all metal pocets with foam/fiberglass and put panels back on.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

the whole truck is done in dynamat extreme,,,and interior is leather
even the headliner is it suede or hard leather. basically any carpet or fabric absorbs sound waves so the more "reflctive" you can make it the better. also if you dont plan on running in anything but mod classes at comps you could always seal up the underside of the dash so the soundwaves dont get trapped there

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

add more power wire from the front to the back aswell

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i think 16 cubes,, 200sq inch of port,,,said it was tuned to around 34 hrtz

That seems pretty small for 4 18" HDC3s, especially off "only" 1500w or less per woofer.

Just spoke with a guy there.

B&K Meter

155 on dash sealed

151 in kick sealed

he said the meter may be off up to 3db

WITH THAT SAID

at worst you are a 152.1 which is still pretty damn good off 5-6K

I live right in the middle of tulsa, was the place that messed it all up Boomers audio?

I've seen B&K meters be off by as much as 3-6dbs so I wouldn't say "at worst he'd do a 152.1"

yeah... u can say thats a decent score on 5k rms

I agree it's a pretty decent score on 5-6k watts but with that much cone area I'd expect at least that.

thats the first time i ever saw someone LOSE 4db in the kick LOL! I usually gain 1.5 and some people GAIN 4. Never lose - anyway, sorry your having issues bro damn......is there ANY good shops left these days?

There really are very few quality shops around now that actually take pride in their work and it's actually pretty sad... I'm also SHOCKED that any "regular" vehicle would lose that much going from dash to kick. Obviously it will happen with purpose built SPL vehicles that are built to meter at the dash but never seen a regular setup change that much.

see they told me it was 155 in dash and kicks

That just sounds really suspect and seems like they just rushed through the metering session. I'd try to find someone local to you with a TL or any official comps that you can make a few runs through.

i got about 25 feet of 4/0 im going to put in,,is that good

Personally I would have done 2 runs of power/ground per amp with 1/0 or 2/0... What other electrical upgrades do u currently have??

Did the shop set your gains by ear or did you set them yourself?? You can definitely increase your score by having correctly set up gains and plus be running the amps "cleaner" and more efficiently. Also with a different enclosure I could almost guarantee you would see a gain over the current one you have.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Archived