DC Sound Lab

think i might be jumpin on the dc train

Agreed! The xl is gonna be closer to the hdc than the lvl 4. I've ran AQ and they have some great sheyot. Hell I even helped field research with the 8 layer suspension they now put on the aluminum recones.

You will definately like the deep smooth rumblings of the DC over AQ. :)

Welcome to the Dark Side!

Deep smooth rumblings! Thats one of the things I like about my L7s. If I change over to the level 3s from my L7s does anyone think I'll be satisfied?

I'll be running sealed.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Ask dee he had l7s and look at theamphe is running dee it is 8000 watts at 1 ohm and 12.8 volts I believe plus he runs the 149.9 class so he burps around a 152 I'm guessing.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

Ask dee he had l7s and look at theamphe is running dee it is 8000 watts at 1 ohm and 12.8 volts I believe plus he runs the 149.9 class so he burps around a 152 I'm guessing.

Cool but I forgot to mention that I'm not into the numbers game. Not concerned about about anything over a 140db.

I am only looking at 2 subwoofer options and have for the last 6 months.

DC level 3 and the Solo-Classic in the 10 inch music playing catigory.(can't spell)

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

It burps in the midn 152's, depending on the charge. Its not too bad for the tow vehicle :8)

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

It burps in the midn 152's, depending on the charge. Its not too bad for the tow vehicle :8)

your #'s speak for themselves... but to the guy ask bout the L7's their good "ENTRY LEVEL" subs, but if u truly wanna BANG invest ur hard earned $ in DC i guarantee u wont regret it !!! I GAURANTEE !!!! I was in the garage @ 6 a.m. kissing my subs. this morning...lol....

Edited by Dee in Dallas

Powerbassbanner.jpg

DCbanner.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

153.3 @ Turkey Drag 2009

Spl Modified 1001-2000 - Derrick Jones my alias... Wudn't accept DEEz NUTz !!!

Dee, make sure you wipe the K-Y lube outta the pole vent prior to use

1997 Astro

front:6 sets of T3 componets

Subs: 8 level 5 18"s (building 6th order BP)

Amps: 4 really big ones (totalling just shy of 50K)

Batts:

Alt: Ohio Generator

1996 Chevy Suburban

Sub amp: A fifth really big amp

Subwoofer: 2-15" DC Level 4 XL

Batts: C&D high rate--(x4)

I remember reading somewhere on either this forum or caco or ca not sure which one that when someone did tests on the mic with the level 4 and level 4xls that the level 4s were as loud or louder up to 2000rms but after that the xls were louder. I have a level 4 myself and want to get another one soon. They definitely have the low rumble and sound so solid compared to other subs I have heard/owned. Either choice will be great (lvl 4 w/ 5 coils or xls).

Welcome to the dark side!