DC Sound Lab

xl15 in f150 any experience?

i posted this in the sub enclosure section but got no love so i guess ill try here.Customer just ordered xl15 wants to give up the 60% side on the rear seat in a newer i think 07 full 4 door f150.havent had a chance to measure the truck yet (he works out of town) but was hoping some one had experience with one of these trucks as far as sub port placement he is upgrading from 2 lvl3 12's with 1500 to about 3k with rise with 2 die hard group 31 odyssey knock off same specs with 4yr. warranty i think for $239 at your local sears. if anybody has ideas for a 4th order or something tricky as long as i got room for batts and 3 amps will take measurements as soon as he gets home for thanksgiving.my best guess so far i about 4cubes at 34hz with 15-16sq per cube sub and port up or foward any help is appreciated sub is 4xl15 d1 4stiff spideys double woven leads and should see about 3-3.2k

a regular ported box would be good that way he still has room to put stuff infront of the box, i would fire everything forward its always been the loudest in my truck, also thats a good size, im at 8 cubes net 35hz for 2 lvl 5 15"s

Edited by loganberry

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon: