Second Skin Audio

Another build guys give me your opinions

steven

Okay last build I just posted was the kicker l7 15 on a hifonics 1210 bxi in a blazer ( Pics below) The box was 5.4 cubes 72 squ in port tuned to 38 hz. Sub up port back well it hit really DECENT. The guy told his friend now I gotta do another one in the morining except a trunk box in an impala I think the year is an 06 or 07 model. The trunk is F-in huge I have plenty of room to work with so I was thinking similar size approx 5.5 cubes 70-76 sq in port tuned to 38 hz now the question would i have better luck with sub up port back, sub back port back or sub forward port forward. DSC02601.jpgDSC02598.jpg

steven.jpg

Sub and port back usually does well in trunk cars. Sub back ported through the rear deck would do pretty well also...Unless he'll be sealing off from the trunk, then I would go sub and port foward.

Sub/port facing the rear will work best, unless he wants to cut through the rear deck or both firing forward sealed off from the trunk... How much power is he gonna be running?? I'd run it around 5ft3 @ 35hz w/ 70in^2 of port.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I have to agree. I have always had better bass with my subs (sealed) or subs and port firring towards the back of the trunk and if he runs with his back seat down alot I would leave some air space between the subwoofer box and the back deck.

Edit: about as wide as the port is if possible 3 inches or 4 inches if possible.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Okay I just picked up the car right now I'll post some pics of the trunk and ya goin with port/sub back. He is going to run with a hifonics 1210 bxi. The eletrical is shit! Just 1 optima yellow under the hood.

steven.jpg

Okay I just picked up the car right now I'll post some pics of the trunk and ya goin with port/sub back. He is going to run with a hifonics 1210 bxi. The eletrical is shit! Just 1 optima yellow under the hood.

That is not a lot of power though, so I'd say you do the Big 3 along with the Yellow top and he should be just fine.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

That is not a lot of power though, so I'd say you do the Big 3 along with the Yellow top and he should be just fine.

Okay so this is a little off topic, but directed at you. I still trip out when I see your sig man I swear I was going to run damn near the same set up as you I was a shop ordering 2 dd 9515g's and the owner told me also to try out american bass so I was going to run 2 of the 400.1s. I was saying in the back of my mind this better hit a 154 and sure enough I see your sig and damn you did it. Okay so why didnt I get the subs? Well the bank I use (wells fargo had a card limit on me at the time which was a 1000 bucks so it was a no go) 2 weeks later got my current set up. Sorry I just thought it was funny when I read your sig.

steven.jpg

Archived