Sonic Electronix

DO NOT run that amp @ .5ohms daily without having made significant changes to your electrical system. It has become quite the trend recently that people spend all this money on subs + amps, but don't bother to have the electrical to actually play it properly. The worst part of it all is that without the electrical voltage drops can lead to sum very bad things for you amps + even subs when if the amp starts clipping.

In your sig it says u have a yellow top in back, but what battery is under hood right now??

Also once you get your electrical all squared away(HO alt, 3 or 4 group 31 batts, multiple power/ground runs) then running a 2200D to each woofer will be more than enough per woofer.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I really hope that you have a good alarm system, very dark tints, and a well lit + safe area you park at night.. Because that box with the subs right there like that is just screaming STEAL ME. Make sure also not to bump it around where you're living and if u demo it for random people make sure that they don't follow u and see where you're living. I'm not trying to make your paranoid or anything, just trying to give u tips to avoid getting things stolen. With all the horror stories of different systems being stolen, you really can't be too careful when it comes to who knows where u live and what you have in the truck.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

DO NOT run that amp @ .5ohms daily without having made significant changes to your electrical system. It has become quite the trend recently that people spend all this money on subs + amps, but don't bother to have the electrical to actually play it properly. The worst part of it all is that without the electrical voltage drops can lead to sum very bad things for you amps + even subs when if the amp starts clipping.

In your sig it says u have a yellow top in back, but what battery is under hood right now??

Also once you get your electrical all squared away(HO alt, 3 or 4 group 31 batts, multiple power/ground runs) then running a 2200D to each woofer will be more than enough per woofer.

It says Ever Star i think. or something like that, it has a half ass cover over it where it sits, it says 630 cranking amps and thats about all i could get off of it, it also said it was from wal mart lol. Although its a pretty big battery. And yes im not going to wire them down to .5 ohms. Dont want shit fucking up. I think im getting an alt for christmas so we'll see how that goes.

Edited by LunatikGixxer

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

Autopage 2 way remote start alarm system

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

1 AQ2200D (soon to be 2).

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

RF 6.5 comp set (soon to come)

1 run of Stinger 1/0 guage (soon to be 3)

All of the above is all gone

Currently own a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

No audio components.

I really hope that you have a good alarm system, very dark tints, and a well lit + safe area you park at night.. Because that box with the subs right there like that is just screaming STEAL ME. Make sure also not to bump it around where you're living and if u demo it for random people make sure that they don't follow u and see where you're living. I'm not trying to make your paranoid or anything, just trying to give u tips to avoid getting things stolen. With all the horror stories of different systems being stolen, you really can't be too careful when it comes to who knows where u live and what you have in the truck.

I have very dark tint on the back windows. definately cant see in at night and hard during the day. I turn my system down long before i get to my apartments anyways, yes i said apartments, so therefore id have to anyways, people complain. Im going to get a better alarm system soon, i dont live in a very bad neighborhood and the box is very heavy 2 people would have a hard time getting it out, like we did getting it in lol. but thanks

Edited by LunatikGixxer

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

No audio components.

It says Ever Star i think. or something like that, it has a half ass cover over it where it sits, it says 630 cranking amps and thats about all i could get off of it, it also said it was from wal mart lol. Although its a pretty big battery. And yes im not going to wire them down to .5 ohms. Dont want shit fucking up. I think im getting an alt for christmas so we'll see how that goes.

I very strongly suggest not running a wet cell batt(under hood) with a dry cell batt like the optima.

I have very dark tint on the back windows. definately cant see in at night and hard during the day. I turn my system down long before i get to my apartments anyways, yes i said apartments, so therefore id have to anyways, people complain. Im going to get a better alarm system soon, i dont live in a very bad neighborhood and the box is very heavy 2 people would have a hard time getting it out, like we did getting it in lol. but thanks

Someone that is looking to steal your system isn't gonna take the enclosure that it's in for the most part.. A person with a power drill very easily could rip out both subs in under 30 seconds, especially if they've done it before. Like i mentioned in my previous post, I really would just be careful and just be aware of people paying extra close attention to it.

Before you buy anything else I'd suggest getting these things in the following order -

-Better alarm w/ 2 way system so it alerts the receiver u have if the alarm goes off

-A few group 31 batts(XS 3100, Northstar NSB-125, Kinetik 2400, etc)

-HO alt(Ohio Gen, XS Power, DC Power, Mechman, Irraggi, EA, etc)

-Additional 1/0 or larger wire for extra power/ground runs

-Purchase second 2200D

What kind of front stage do u have??

Pioneer AVIC-N2

I very strongly suggest not running a wet cell batt(under hood) with a dry cell batt like the optima.

Someone that is looking to steal your system isn't gonna take the enclosure that it's in for the most part.. A person with a power drill very easily could rip out both subs in under 30 seconds, especially if they've done it before. Like i mentioned in my previous post, I really would just be careful and just be aware of people paying extra close attention to it.

Before you buy anything else I'd suggest getting these things in the following order -

-Better alarm w/ 2 way system so it alerts the receiver u have if the alarm goes off

-A few group 31 batts(XS 3100, Northstar NSB-125, Kinetik 2400, etc)

-HO alt(Ohio Gen, XS Power, DC Power, Mechman, Irraggi, EA, etc)

-Additional 1/0 or larger wire for extra power/ground runs

-Purchase second 2200D

What kind of front stage do u have??

ok thanks for all the info this is exactly what i was looking for. and just for my knowledge, why not run wet cell with a dry cell? Also if ur meaning my head unit i have a kenwood deck i dont kno exactly what model it is but its nothing crazy. Wish i still had the box but ive had the deck for over a year. I could probably figure out the model name.

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

No audio components.

You have no where near enough power for alum coils as they are far less efficient then the copper coils. I run an AQ3500 on each sub for daily (alum coils), just dial back the gain a fuzz for long listening sessions and wire down to .25ohm for metering.

Get a DC alt and 4 G31 batts, BIG3, and 2-4 runs of 1/0 to the rear and you'll be set.

you said four batterys!? lol geez i got a long way to go before i get another amp i guess. Today again when i was playing my subs one of them is stiffer than the other still, i dont get why it is but it is. i noticed it before i put them in the box, u can tell it doesnt move as much as the other sub, will this cause a problem?

Edit : o ya and would it hurt anything if i had two different batterys in the rear, say a kinetic batt and a yellow top?

Edited by LunatikGixxer

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

No audio components.

you said four batterys!? lol geez i got a long way to go before i get another amp i guess. Today again when i was playing my subs one of them is stiffer than the other still, i dont get why it is but it is. i noticed it before i put them in the box, u can tell it doesnt move as much as the other sub, will this cause a problem?

Edit : o ya and would it hurt anything if i had two different batterys in the rear, say a kinetic batt and a yellow top?

Regarding the woofers moving differently, they just sound like they're loading differently and I'd make sure all your connections are secure. Did you buy both of them brand new?? and install them at the same time??

Just get rid of the batt you have under hood, toss the yellow top in its place and buy 2 group 31s to put in back... There are better batts out there in the same size/price range as the Kinetik.

When i said front stage a few posts back, I meant what speakers and amp are you currently running??

Pioneer AVIC-N2