Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok, I don't know much about cars and suck at maintaining them (I know, what am I doing here right? hehe) but a friend and me were just talking about gasoline and I was telling him about how they put anti-knocking agents into the gas to keep it from destroying the engine. Knocking is when the fuel ignites before the spark plug sparks it, so it pushes on the piston at an awkward point (right?).

Anyhow, I thought that diesel would not combust unless it was under pressure, so how can a diesel engine then knock? I've heard of diesel knock, but thought it would not be possible. Is it just a timing thing and it knocks slightly before the piston is ready?

images-1.jpg
Posted
knocking or pinging could be alot of things. alota times its just a valve, which eventually will take a schit and get louder and louder.

Well it's the one thing that I've never done to a car. I swear, I just mine as well be a woman when it comes to these things.

Warped a few headgasgets and cracked some engine blocks in my time hehe

images-1.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2413 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...