Anyone have any ideas for compressors?

I bagged my 2001 crown vic on 24"s, f/b/s/s everything and did it with 2 5 gallons and 2 Viair 480's.

Well after a week one of the leader hoses (metal braided hose from compressor to tank) started leaking for the compressors and I replaced it. Then the other compressor just stopped working, not making any noise or pumping air. After a couple hits with a hammer (lol yes I know, I was stuck tho) it finally started working.

Well now last week (after being bagged for 1 month 1 week) another one of my leader hoses blew on the other compressor. And now that its at the shop we took the filters off both the compressors and neither of them are sucking in air and the front of the car wont go over 70lbs.

Well now the car is still sitting in the shop while we are figuring out what we are going to do. At the moment they are installing my 2 DC LVL 5 18"s and 2 PB XTA-5000s and I am adding 2 more Viair 480s to have a total of 4, 2 on each 5 gallon.

Does anyone know why these compressors would do this? Also does anyone have any recommendations on different compressors?

Personally I think they just overheated and got overworked. We will see what Viair says Monday to see what they are going to say about the warranty...

Ive run Viairs for years trouble free, I've got 4 480's on my truck right now. You may have gotten a couple bad ones or ran them too hard for too long. They are rated to 200psi and will do it all day long but you will need alot more than two if you are going to play with the switches a bunch. They are destined to fail on 10 gallons of air if they are running constantly.

Oasis are great but very expensive or try to fit an engine driven compressor under the hood.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

I bagged my 2001 crown vic on 24"s, f/b/s/s everything and did it with 2 5 gallons and 2 Viair 480's.

Well after a week one of the leader hoses (metal braided hose from compressor to tank) started leaking for the compressors and I replaced it. Then the other compressor just stopped working, not making any noise or pumping air. After a couple hits with a hammer (lol yes I know, I was stuck tho) it finally started working.

Well now last week (after being bagged for 1 month 1 week) another one of my leader hoses blew on the other compressor. And now that its at the shop we took the filters off both the compressors and neither of them are sucking in air and the front of the car wont go over 70lbs.

Well now the car is still sitting in the shop while we are figuring out what we are going to do. At the moment they are installing my 2 DC LVL 5 18"s and 2 PB XTA-5000s and I am adding 2 more Viair 480s to have a total of 4, 2 on each 5 gallon.

Does anyone know why these compressors would do this? Also does anyone have any recommendations on different compressors?

Personally I think they just overheated and got overworked. We will see what Viair says Monday to see what they are going to say about the warranty...

wiring w a relay and good pressure will also do it and voltage.and if u tell viair that u had there switch and relay they will rebuild them just make sure u say u have a viair pressure switch..and car has to bn runnin they dont like voltage drops..

JAMES SAID..

you dont need 1500 for a WOOFER people just love overpowering rather then building for the power recommended

THATS A SMART GUY...

They shouldnt go bad on you like that. But if you had them in a hot place with not much air movement, very possible. I have 4 480's on 8.5gal tank, for about a month now, and no issues. I do know that you need to give them a cool down period like 5 min in between every 2 cycles... They will burn up... There are a couple comps out there that are better than the V's, but you're gonna pay for em like 3X what the V's cost... Good luck on them

they were in a empty trunk in the crown vic. just the tanks and compressors. I never really played with them that much and when I did I just did the back to drive and park.

Ive run Viairs for years trouble free, I've got 4 480's on my truck right now. You may have gotten a couple bad ones or ran them too hard for too long. They are rated to 200psi and will do it all day long but you will need alot more than two if you are going to play with the switches a bunch. They are destined to fail on 10 gallons of air if they are running constantly.

Oasis are great but very expensive or try to fit an engine driven compressor under the hood.

I think adding to more compressors will help take the load off of the 2 after I get them fixed. I think they came already not working 100% from the factory cause it took a good 15-20 to fill up 10 gallons the day I got it. And each day I used it it got longer.

wiring w a relay and good pressure will also do it and voltage.and if u tell viair that u had there switch and relay they will rebuild them just make sure u say u have a viair pressure switch..and car has to bn runnin they dont like voltage drops..

The shop that put them in are gunna call tomorrow so we will see.

15-20 MINUTES? Theres no way it should take that long... It takes 47sec for my 8 1/2gal tank to fill... Good luck with everything...

Damn man I wish it was that quick. Ya it sucks cause they are inside my car so its all you hear all the time. I will take a 10-15 minute drive somewhere and the compressors finally turn off once I get there lol. Another probally important fact is that I have a 200psi pressure switch, maybe thats why they are always going trying to keep up. I am thinking once I get the 2 I have fixed and add two more it will be a lot quicker and it will probably be a lot quieter to because I am walling off my 18"s to.

I have a 200psi switch also... weird... Get that thing fixed so you can start your system...

hell ya it aint stopping me...lol. In the mean time I bought 2 more compressors so I am hooking both of them up to 1 5 gallon and then when I get the other 2 fixed I will hook them up to the other 5 gallon. But already got the amp/battery rack built and my buddy is starting the wall tomorrow when the subs come in.

That is exactly how I have mine, 2 viair 480's on each 5 gallon tank. Takes just a couple minutes to fill from 0 to 200psi, takes even less to go from 140 to 200 where the pressure switch is set.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

That is exactly how I have mine, 2 viair 480's on each 5 gallon tank. Takes just a couple minutes to fill from 0 to 200psi, takes even less to go from 140 to 200 where the pressure switch is set.

Ok well 2mara the shop where I bought them is going to call Viair. In the meantime I am just gunna buy two more and put them on one of the 5 gallons and unhook the other one until I get my compressors.