Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
actualy man with investing that is one of the first things they tell you not to do, you never invest in your own work and so on. just a tip, not saying you will come ahead but there is allot to it that im not telling you. i would think about things outsider your work.

I've never heard that before. Thanks. Like I said, I don't understand a thing about stocks. I just have a little money (a couple dollars) come out of each check for stock and the company makes a contribution based on how much is taken out. That and I have some put into my 401K (which I don't understand either).

Any good reading/research material out there on stocks? Should I try hooking up with a stock broker? It might be something we'll look into when we get the credit card paid off, which will hopefully be the middle of 2010.

Posted
I've never heard that before. Thanks. Like I said, I don't understand a thing about stocks. I just have a little money (a couple dollars) come out of each check for stock and the company makes a contribution based on how much is taken out. That and I have some put into my 401K (which I don't understand either).

Any good reading/research material out there on stocks? Should I try hooking up with a stock broker? It might be something we'll look into when we get the credit card paid off, which will hopefully be the middle of 2010.

damn credit cards i know, well for one you can just buy a stock market book that will expain some things to you so you somewhat understand. if you want to actually save money there are a few simple steps to consider.

1.) you sit down and make a list of catagories (about 5-6) like credit card, food, bills, money spent on gas, and leisure money. take a bank statement you have from last month and write each thing you spend in each section and you will see where all your money goes, do you notice anything that you can do without? anything that seems to be takign a good % of your money that you can stop buying for now. (not audio lmao) once you do this you can see how you can save $$$ amount each month. do this for a year and you will be very shocked how much you will have saved up. trust me i know, ive done this.

2.) think about penny stocks and not stocks that just look interesting. just think about it, energy, clean power, new drugs coming out in todays world what do you think is a good idea. if i have to point you in any direction it would be these type stocks for now that will be affordible for you.

3.)pay off the credit cards and tear them up, if you cant buy something cash or from money thats in your bank then you cant afford it.

these are jus some simple tips ive gotten from reading books. there are lots more but these are important

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

Posted

im a finance major...this (will be) my shit..im still learning shit so im no expert yet but almost 4 years of finance... then grad school...then big boy job, i will be makin bank soon :) i hope lol

i do know alot about investing and the stock market as is... but it takes a lot of monitoring if you are going to be day trading. i might see what i can do with 100 or so over winter break...if i did it now i would invest and prolly never monitor what the stocks were doing and lose.

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

Posted

My wife is the "budgeteer". :D She hasn't been keeping track of our budget recently with working full time, a three year old and going to school full time, but when she does it's amazing how much extra money we seem to have than when she doesn't keep track. It almost seems like we actually buy more stuff when she sits down and writes out the budget, but still have more money at the end of the month.

We've got our debt down a lot in the last couple of years. Went from four credit cards and about $18,000 down to one with around $7,000. She's getting somewhere in the neighborhood of $3,000 from work for going back to school, and that's going straight to the CC. It'll also be a lot easier now that my truck is paid off. That's an extra $280 a month.

I'll definately start checking out some stock market books. I might go have a talk with the local stock broker and see what our options are. I'd like some "safe" investments.

Posted
My wife is the "budgeteer". :D She hasn't been keeping track of our budget recently with working full time, a three year old and going to school full time, but when she does it's amazing how much extra money we seem to have than when she doesn't keep track. It almost seems like we actually buy more stuff when she sits down and writes out the budget, but still have more money at the end of the month.

We've got our debt down a lot in the last couple of years. Went from four credit cards and about $18,000 down to one with around $7,000. She's getting somewhere in the neighborhood of $3,000 from work for going back to school, and that's going straight to the CC. It'll also be a lot easier now that my truck is paid off. That's an extra $280 a month.

I'll definately start checking out some stock market books. I might go have a talk with the local stock broker and see what our options are. I'd like some "safe" investments.

lol there are no safe investments in the stock market man. bank is safe though

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

Posted
lol there are no safe investments in the stock market man. bank is safe though

I couldnt agree more.............lost a lil bit, and am just waiting to come back up so I dont lose a shit ton.

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

Posted

if you really can figure out what to do in the stock market you can killll it. which is what i plan to do. not necessarily only be a day trader... they dont teach that at BSU but i plan on managing my money very well. until then ill blow it on whatever the hell i want :)

guy got 12k for his graduation, went to college graduated with 1.6 million. same guy from "Wall Street Warriors" hes a day trader..mostly...

guy from india started with 100 bucks (US) now is worth over a billion. (given inside info isnt illegal) :)

Currently:

2015 Evo X WW

Forgestar F14 18s --Rally Armour Mudflaps

ETS 3.5" FMIC, CAI, Open Dump DownPipe, Test Pipe, Ultimate Racing Catback, BLEVINS TUNE, Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers

Build:

Crescendo Mezzos x2

Crescendo 800.4, 1500.1

Loaded Fi Q12

Second Skin Pro

XS D5100

RF 360.2

Sky High Audio Wiring

Need: ALTERNATOR!

PREVIOUS

1999 Grand Prix GTX

3.8L S/C-few modsWheels: Ruff Racing 280 19x8.5 Sub: Fully Loaded

12" Fi BTL Amps: Autotek MM3000.1d Sundown SAX-100.4HU/Tweets/mids:

Alpine D310 + H701, TBI HDSS tweets, Mpyr audio 65m x4extra sheit:

knukonceptz 0, 4, rcas, speaker wire EA 200amp alt HC 2400

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ!!

Financial Consultant- Charles Schwab

Posted
lol there are no safe investments in the stock market man. bank is safe though
Ok, not "safe" but less risky. ;)

X2.

I'm learning all this in my economics class in high school, and it's so interesting. I've already read the whole book just because I was curious about everything.

And investing in the stock market is risky. but the riskier the investment, the higher the potential profit.

Buying bonds and other stuff are almost risk-free (Some of them, depends on what type of bonds), but you don't get MUCH from it.

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

Posted
X2.

I'm learning all this in my economics class in high school, and it's so interesting. I've already read the whole book just because I was curious about everything.

And investing in the stock market is risky. but the riskier the investment, the higher the potential profit.

Buying bonds and other stuff are almost risk-free (Some of them, depends on what type of bonds), but you don't get MUCH from it.

yeah stocks are risky and when you get to penny stock they get even riskier. Ive gained money and ive lost money, but i havent lost allot

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 434 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...