Sonic Electronix

Probably because they do care about what he doing. Working under the hood can be dangerous if don't know what you doing.

Yeah, its mainly my dad. He just bought me this car and I got wild dreams off riping off the door panels and tearing out the radio to create a beast of a system, and he shot that down because he's afraid I'll break a clip on the door, ruin my radio or break the dash, or just make the car fall apart from all the bass.

Alright so I understand Bat to Alt, and Bat to ground, but what is battery to engine block ground?

and what is the best way to get the wire I'll need? Do i need a kit or should i just go buy however much 0 gauge i need and all the terminals at a shop?

Edited by RedJay

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

Alright, I'll try it myself, and if I don't succeed, I'll find a shop that does know or explain it to them.

My dad was the same way sort of all i had to do with my dad was talk to him like he knew alot about stereos get him lost and him have no clue what i was talking about. he relized that i reserched what i was doing, asking questions on her and looking it up online. he let me do my truck he said if i mess up i learn from my mistakes. well i havnt messed up yet besides my first box which was to small for the sub and to big for under the seat lol. every thing else my wiring, amp, head unit, went fine. :)

DSC01017-1.jpg

Im 17 and my parents think its great ive found a hobby. But my mom hates the bass shaking the whole block down lol. Thinks people hate us. Would you lol?

Explain to your parents how you feel about it. I just pretty much forced my mom to let me do it lol.

1999 VW Passat GLX:

AudioPipe 1500W

10' Alpine Type S(2)

Pioneer DEH-1300MP

1/0 RF Amp Wiring

Big 3 - 1/0 RF Wiring

Stock Battery and Alt

Yeah man i definitely drive one of the nicest trucks in highschool. And once I get this system installed its gonna be even nicer. Alright, I'll try it myself, and if I don't succeed, I'll find a shop that does know or explain it to them. So all i need is 0 gauge wire and terminals? What exactly is the terminal? It goes on the battery so that it can fit 0 gauge wire right?

If you go to a shop and they don't know what the big 3 or how to install it, then I suggest you move on to the next shop. I wouldn't trust a shop to work on a $500 vehicle if they didn't know how to do something so basic, let alone one that is $40k+.

God damn there are so many rich kids on this site, I keep noticing it more and more every day. Nothing against you all, just saying.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Ya I'm 17 and love working on systems. My parents are pretty cool bout it. My mom gets into it..when im working on my subs she will ask questions, and try and help. I mean she did let me put my JLs in her car when i first got my license..lol It was great, I would here bass and it was my ma drivin in the driveway.

If you go to a shop and they don't know what the big 3 or how to install it, then I suggest you move on to the next shop. I wouldn't trust a shop to work on a $500 vehicle if they didn't know how to do something so basic, let alone one that is $40k+.

God damn there are so many rich kids on this site, I keep noticing it more and more every day. Nothing against you all, just saying.

Hrmmmm I dunno... the shop I work at wouldn't know what 'the big 3' was unless you got me specifically - that's not to say that any car with >1000wrms leaves the shop without a new 0ga battery ground, nor am I saying that we never upgrade the charge cable from the alternator. Nobody buys H/O alts around here though. Literally nobody.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

For the record its only a $25k truck. Its got 37k on it right now, the reason we got it so cheap was it was the LS model with the stock 20's added, aftermarket leather seats, and some other stuff. It was exactly what I was looking for.

And I think my parents would be cool if i know EXACTLY what im doing, and can show my dad EXACTLY how he can help me, so I am trying to figure out exactly what itll take some im not fumbling around in the dark.

I get everything except the battery to engine block ground, can someone explain that to me?

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d