Kicker Warhorse in the mail! (update: photo's and stuff!)

wat did you have to pay for shipping and handling lol

Shipping included! :D 25$ for insurance. Having a bit of trouble with the alternators right now, harness is jacked up :( but getting it fixed, should have supa-dupa powa by the end of the week, then for some deebeez :D

Alternators100.jpg

YES! It's official - I can finally say I know someone who owns this amplifier!

Congrats on your purchase bro - It's gonna do some serious work!

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-p6000ub

Equalizer - Soon To Come

Amplifiers - (4) Soundstream TX1.2600d's

Subwoofers - (2) Soundstream XXX 18's

Enclosure - 16 Cubic Foot Wall Tuned to 38hz

Power Wire - (200ft) Tsunami 0 Gauge PRO

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

One Word..... WOW. Congrats on that sick ass amplifier

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Shipping included! :D 25$ for insurance. Having a bit of trouble with the alternators right now, harness is jacked up :( but getting it fixed, should have supa-dupa powa by the end of the week, then for some deebeez :D

Alternators100.jpg

Have you looked into MLA? they can prolly get you an MLA that will plug'n play

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this amp is the frickin awesome! I'm embarrassed about my sloppy craftsmanship (this was my first ported box build so I made a few mistakes!) so I've not posted any pictures, but this amp is a beast! My voltage drops LESS pushing 2 kW to my one 15'' on the Warhorse, then it did to my Kenwood ~500 W A/B amp. Unbelievable!

The Warhorse is performing beautifully though, once you get past all the crazy wierd technology, such as the speaker wire connectors... You solder the speaker wire to these small metal connectors, then insert them into a plastic plug (I assume to keep all fingers away from loose metal, as it is a very high power amp) but once you put them in the plug, good luck getting them back out! Took me a good 30min to figure this crap out, there's NO instructions in the manual...

Same thing with the +12V control wire, the plug is big enough for 8 gauge wire? It's like, how big a control wire do you need, really? But I wouldn't mind all this stuff if it was explained, instead of me mounting the Warhorse and going 'aw......shit.' cause the thing weighs 70 lb!!

Anyway /rant. Overall 10/10 for performance, 8/10 for ease of install. :D Maybe once I clean up the enclosure a little bit I'll post a video or something!

Ok, I said screw it and took some photo's of my first ported box :shok: I'll narrate between the photo's!

So I have this dream of 4 15'' subs in my truck, and designed a setup kind of like this:

PerspSmallBox.jpg

However, playing around with it (and having no experience with ports, etc) I decided I wanted a port that came out of the top of the box, but faced forward towards the front of the truck. So, since I have a little spare time over the holidays I bought a single 15'' subwoofer and some MDF and got busy with some power tools!

Here is the port along with my Warhorse (different orientation than I wanted cause I wanted to be able to see the subwoofer!)

Picture093.jpg

The Warhorse is only pushing about 2kW right now instead of 10kW as this is still a pretty freshly coned sub. Gotta love the 'limiter' knob on the Warhorse! Makes it so versatile!

Picture091.jpg

Picture081.jpg

Now, when I first put it in my car, the sub was reeeeally close to my bench seat supports and I wasn't very comfortable turning the volume up, so I decided to build a stand for the [200+ pound] box really quick!

Picture094.jpg

Yeah..... No. It broke. About 5 feet out of the driveway (I was literally driving to the mailbox down the road right after install and *smash*). So, the next day, busted out the powertools, some 2x4's, some 3/4'' MDF and alot of screws!

Picture088.jpg

Picture089.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Picture087.jpg

And, it works!

So yesterday, I was changing CD's (this is what my dash looks like)

Picture102.jpg

Picture103.jpg

And I realized just how fugly that is, so I started brainstorming, and naturally since I'd never fiberglassed a thing in my life, came across an awesome idea!

Picture099.jpg

Yeah....not so much. So the next day (today), try #2!

Picture107.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to clean it up a smidgen, sand it down, TRY and rabbit out a space for the head unit's trim piece, and paint with some glossy black! Have I ever painted something that should look nice? Nope! Should be fun! :D

Thanks for reading! Chris

EDIT: oh and here's just a silly night-time video of it working! Yaaay! 400 w RMS 10'' sub -> 2000 w RMS 15'' sub! Mmmmm....

th_Picture085.jpg

Looking Good man......I just love how the Power/Ground Wires connect into that amp.

You gonna do a full build log?

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived