Sonic Electronix

ideas for a sound system in my truck please?

I am currently a senior in high school so I can't really afford to do anything right now but will be able to very soon after I get a job. I drive a 1998 dodge ram 1500 quad cab and I want to put a decent sound system in my truck. I am not sure what brands are good for different stuff like what brand should I buy for my sub woofers and amps and stuff like that so I am also very clueless as to what a sound system would consist of sorry I have never looked into all this until recently =/. I am not sure where im going to put like my sub's in my truck since its a truck lol, just thought i would ask for help. I am looking to probably to spend 500$.00 to $600.00 at the most not sure if thats enough to get anything that sounds cool

please help me :D

Thank You

its much appreciated

Edited by $volcom$

I am currently a senior in high school so I can't really afford to do anything right now but will be able to very soon after I get a job. I drive a 1998 dodge ram 1500 quad cab and I want to put a decent sound system in my truck. I am not sure what brands are good for different stuff like what brand should I buy for my sub woofers and amps and stuff like that so I am also very clueless as to what a sound system would consist of sorry I have never looked into all this until recently =/. I am not sure where im going to put like my sub's in my truck since its a truck lol, just thought i would ask for help. I am looking to probably to spend 500$.00 to $600.00 at the most not sure if thats enough to get anything that sounds cool

Thank You

its much appreciated

Id look around on this site more man...theres plenty of companies to choose from and so many are mentioned here; good or bad. everyone has there own description of decent; so Id do more research, decide on what you want, and if you doubt it, then ask if we think it'll sound good.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I say 2 10's (12's if you have the space) sealed in a box under the seat, about 1200 watts RMS of power. (If you can build your own box or get some measurements to see how much space you have to work with, I know it's a little hard to do that since you got a truck though.)

I don't want to be "band-wagoning" but RD Audio has some real nice subs , so does DC Audio, Fi Car Audio (If you have the mounting depth), *** (Sound Solutions Audio),

And for an amp look into RD Audio, Sundown, Rockford Fosgate, or if you have any other in mind.

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

Thank You

its much appreciated

yeah i will for sure look around on the website more and thank you for the naming some brands for me man and where i might try to put them. my dad doesn't want me to put sub woofers or anything like that in my truck but i think i might be able to talk him into something or bug him until he doesn't care haha