Second Skin Audio

Ok, so what should I get??

I know nobody can tell me how loud it will be, but theres a consistancy with more subwoofer comparisions... will a single Fi SSD be louder or sound louder than two comps etc... that the type of comparision im looking for. on average with full RMS how does a single SSD perform in SPL what dB do they obtain? also one thing I never got about subwoofers... sensitivity dB is that the dB they put out?? how would you measure that if you had two subwoofers?

again, its IMPOSSIBLE to tell you which is louder. we still cant 100% tell you that even 1 18 will be louder than 4 12's etc etc because you have to test them out.

impossible to tell you what db your car will get. 150db in one car can vary to 130db in another car.

the sensitivity rating is basically what the woofers will output with 1 watt of power and the microphone 1 meter away.

btw, putting 2 90db sensitivity subs together wont get you like 300db. it just wont happen

SSD > L5 > CVRs

Just my opinion.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

You guys im going for total dB... and I don't appeciate being called a newbie, sure im not running two 3500 sunddowns and two 18" FBL's or something... but I used to own 13.5" W7's when I wasn't broke... I'm broke now so im going for best bang for buck, I heard the CVR's will be louder for NOW but i'd be barely running the RMS per sub so its sort of a waste[\b] when it ruins my whole upgrade ability to two 15's in the future that will hit harder.

If the L5 will be louder with less SQ then thats my sub if the Fi is equally loud with better SQ obviously thats my choice, you guys tell me.

Hey man you know the CVR's are only 400watts rms each. So each will be seeing 100 whats less. But the SSD will be seeing 200 watts less, and the L5 150 watts less.

But in my opinon the CVR's on THAT power will get louder. More cone area, 2 motors vs 1, and they are being pushed close to their limit, as the SSD is starving at that power.

Edited by OBI

I was pretty aware that CVR's would be louder...but if its not much louder than the SSD seems like my type of sub.. to be honest.. So basically more cone area + rated power = better than less cone area with with more rated power not met? seems like that is right, but everyone here is pointing me to the SSD even at 600RMS

Im just assuming that a single 15" thats 5x more RMS and quality also newer with a better vented box as opposed to two crappy COMPS will be louder... it just makes sense to me.. ive heard single 15's bang louder than two 15's just because they are better and more RMS

Edited by MOUZEBINN

Current Setup (pictures/videos uploaded)

1997 Grand Prix Se 3.8 V6 (220HP stock)

105A Alternator

Big III

5/8 Gauge Wiring

1 x Alpine MRP-450.1 (1x450RMS @ 2OHM)

1 x Alpine MRP-500.2 (2x250RMS @ 4OHM)

2 x 6 1/2 Infinity Reference 3-WAY (250RMS)

2 x 6 by 9 Infinity Reference 3-WAY (300RMS)

1 x Pioneer dEH-11

1 x 3.5cu .75MDF tuned @ 33hz (VENTED)

2 x Kicker COMP 15" S4

Coming Soon! (pictures/videos included)

1997 Grand Prix SE with rear seat removed

225A Iraggi Alternator

Big III

Rear Deep Cycle

0/1 Gauge Wiring

1 x Alpine MRP-500

1 x Alpine MRP-450

1 x Alpine CDA-9885 60x4 RMS

1 x Hifonics Brutus 1605D (1600RMS x 1 @ 1 OHM)

2 x Fi SSD 15" Copper Coil D1

1 x 5.5cu .75MDF tuned @ 33hz (VENTED)

2 x 6 1/2 Infinity Reference 3-WAY (250RMS)

2 x 6 by 9 Infinity Reference 3-WAY (300RMS)