aggballeralex Posted December 16, 2009 Author Report Posted December 16, 2009 Well, so much for those audiopipe subs. I still have not recieved them so I filed a complaint with paypal to get my money back. Oh well, the search continues. aggballeralex The Build
Nirvalica Posted December 17, 2009 Report Posted December 17, 2009 http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...pdate+Selection Here's a nice little selection. Just be sure the mounting depth will fit in your doors. My Youtube Page. Check it out The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993 Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components Q-logic 6.5" kick pods CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass Kicker ZX350.4 Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap 7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz Sundown SAZ-1000D Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors
portedfordestruction Posted December 17, 2009 Report Posted December 17, 2009 I recently put two of the tang band 6fives in my standard cab s10. in 1.4 cubes tuned at 38hz on my old trusty power bd1000, and burped a 134.6 for about 12 seconds right before the coils combusted. very hard to beat the tb for the money like many have said. another hard hitter along with the tang band and the myre subs (basically the same motor structure) is the elemental designs e3. cheap at hell with a super low fs.
EricR Posted December 17, 2009 Report Posted December 17, 2009 These are the one's I was talking about, is this what you got?http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-OF-NEW-AUDIOPIPE-...=item518e852fdb Let me know how they do if these are it, cause like I said I wanna play around with a pair of them for fun. Maybe I can do a 140 with a pair in my car, lol. i highly doubt it, if they take over 100 rms i would be surprised i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?
portedfordestruction Posted December 17, 2009 Report Posted December 17, 2009 i ran the tang bands on roughly 50 to 75 watts per daily, with no issues at all. by all means they are no magical subs, but proper tuning and ample power they can prove to have wicked output!
cjvue Posted December 17, 2009 Report Posted December 17, 2009 I would second the elemental designs e3.6. These little one can put out some bass. It's only $40 a piece, DVC, 200watt rms. Bout 2 not too long ago for $100 after shippging and handling. You should look into it. Check it out http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.p...;products_id=33 My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O - 2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db 2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db Powered by: Sundown Audio
aggballeralex Posted December 18, 2009 Author Report Posted December 18, 2009 Those ED's look nice. I need some opinions though. I am thinking about getting some q-logic kick panels. Perhaps I can fiberglass the bottom of the kick to make it an actual sealed enclosure for the 6.5 on each side. I wouldn't think I would have to worry too much about it flexing on me as this will be just mid-bass. Anyone have any ideas on this? aggballeralex The Build
kristoffer Posted December 18, 2009 Report Posted December 18, 2009 sometime in 2010 Digital design is going to make a new 6.5 sub, its going to be the DD1508's little brother
bobonit Posted December 18, 2009 Report Posted December 18, 2009 I have the TB's. They are very well built. Only concern would be the huge underhung motor. you need to make sure you have enough clearance behind the driver. Can't comment on how they sound since my build isn't done yet, but they are massive for a 6.5" speaker. 97 Maxima SE Bunch of shit going in, check out the build Build Log
Nirvalica Posted December 18, 2009 Report Posted December 18, 2009 I have the TB's. They are very well built. Only concern would be the huge underhung motor. you need to make sure you have enough clearance behind the driver. Can't comment on how they sound since my build isn't done yet, but they are massive for a 6.5" speaker. I've noticed home audio speakers seem to have a much deeper mounting depth. Looking through the Partsexpress catalog, it seems the average top mount depth for a 6.5 mid/mid-bass is 3"+. My Youtube Page. Check it out The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993 Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components Q-logic 6.5" kick pods CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass Kicker ZX350.4 Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap 7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz Sundown SAZ-1000D Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.