aggballeralex Posted December 4, 2009 Report Posted December 4, 2009 I'm planning on doing some custom door panels soon and I'm wanting some nice midbass. Since I have a smaller vehicle putting in an 8" in the doors would be a bit too big. I have looked around at the 6.5" subs and I have only found some JLw3v3's and some kicker compVT's. Looking to see if anyone knows of any other options. Thanks. aggballeralex The Build
FiBTLforlife Posted December 4, 2009 Report Posted December 4, 2009 I'm planning on doing some custom door panels soon and I'm wanting some nice midbass. Since I have a smaller vehicle putting in an 8" in the doors would be a bit too big. I have looked around at the 6.5" subs and I have only found some JLw3v3's and some kicker compVT's. Looking to see if anyone knows of any other options. Thanks. tang band 6.5'' subs off of parts express run around $50 bucks or so. 2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars
AI James Posted December 4, 2009 Report Posted December 4, 2009 may be able to fine the old mpyre subs they were big for a while
Nightshade Posted December 4, 2009 Report Posted December 4, 2009 may be able to fine the old mpyre subs they were big for a while They look almost idenical to the Tang Band subs on PE. I'm not sure if they are, but everything except the cone and mounting ring on the top of the woofer looks the same. I'll second the TB speakers and also suggest the RE XXX mids as a pair of subs. Accordman has a pair of them for sale too if your interested. Also maybe check out Selenium mid bass woofers as a sub. Audiopipe also makes a dvc 6" sub for a very reasonable price on ebay. I've been wanting to buy a pair of them just to mess around with. I think you can get a pair for like $50 shipped. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
aggballeralex Posted December 4, 2009 Author Report Posted December 4, 2009 Wow thanks for the quick responses. Those audiopipes were such a nice deal I snagged up a pair of them for 50 bucks. great find. I'll get some nicer pics of them up when they arrive. May take a bit before I get my panels glassed to hear them, but I couldnt let that deal pass up! Thanks everyone! aggballeralex The Build
qu1cks1lver56 Posted December 4, 2009 Report Posted December 4, 2009 DD W6.5 First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
Nightshade Posted December 4, 2009 Report Posted December 4, 2009 Wow thanks for the quick responses.Those audiopipes were such a nice deal I snagged up a pair of them for 50 bucks. great find. I'll get some nicer pics of them up when they arrive. May take a bit before I get my panels glassed to hear them, but I couldnt let that deal pass up! Thanks everyone! These are the one's I was talking about, is this what you got? http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-OF-NEW-AUDIOPIPE-...=item518e852fdb Let me know how they do if these are it, cause like I said I wanna play around with a pair of them for fun. Maybe I can do a 140 with a pair in my car, lol. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
aggballeralex Posted December 4, 2009 Author Report Posted December 4, 2009 That's the ones I just purchased. I read some reviews and they ones that are bad generally look to be user error, so we'll see how they do. aggballeralex The Build
Marlo Stanfield Posted December 5, 2009 Report Posted December 5, 2009 Idk if they make them anymore but the best 6.5s I've heard were made by Mypyre audio... Tangband for the price can't be beat and are actually pretty good build quality. 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN. Pioneer AVIC-N2 (12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s 26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area 156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace
H.O Audio Posted December 5, 2009 Report Posted December 5, 2009 I have a truck running 2 DD 6.5's with 80watts rms each in a .5 cu ft ported box hitting 129.8 on the dash sealed using a termlab. They sound great Founder-StreetSPL Competition Organization www.streetspl.com
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.