How can I record bass without so much distortion

Ok guys I am just getting into making vids on youtube and I notice that my camera sucks ass at recording bass. I know that there really is no way to capture bass, but my camera speakers sounds like they are about to break at low notes. I can watch other peoples videos and it sounds like the volume was lowered, but not as bad as mine. How can I fix this? I think the most obvious answer is to change cameras, but to what? Or is there a secret. I have heard of putting a finger over the speaker while recording bass or some tape over the speakers. Do any of these work? :unknw: :unknw: :unknw:

Edited by tripleb45

I'd suggest worrying about getting your system all up and running first rather than worrying about how to capture the bass properly.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Ok guys I am just getting into making vids on youtube and I notice that my camera sucks ass at recording bass. I know that there really is no way to capture bass, but my camera speakers sounds like they are about to break at low notes. I can watch other peoples videos and it sounds like the volume was lowered, but not as bad as mine. How can I fix this? I think the most obvious answer is to change cameras, but to what? Or is there a secret. I have heard of putting a finger over the speaker while recording bass or some tape over the speakers. Do any of these work? :unknw: :unknw: :unknw:

Pretty sure it all depends on the quality of the camera and how well it records bass. My camera does great at 45hz+, does a decent job 40-45hz, and horrible at 39hz and lower. And why not go test those out yourself?

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

I'd suggest worrying about getting your system all up and running first rather than worrying about how to capture the bass properly.

I am, I just have some time to kill seeing as to how I am waiting on vinyl for my doors, and Fi is busy as hell and I have a camera and I just took all my finals. It is just a question though. For future info I will need and practice now.

Pretty sure it all depends on the quality of the camera and how well it records bass. My camera does great at 45hz+, does a decent job 40-45hz, and horrible at 39hz and lower. And why not go test those out yourself?

I tried the tape, but it didn't work and I will try the finger trick tomorrow. I just wanted to see if anyone has had luck with any of those or some other tricks and tips.

a better camera mine captures bass pretty well

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

that clicking is my rear windshield wiper

the camera i have is a Casio EX-S10 10.1 MP

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

a better camera mine captures bass pretty well

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

that clicking is my rear windshield wiper

the camera i have is a Casio EX-S10 10.1 MP

Nice video. That is really good quality.

2000 VW Jetta

Pioneer headunit

1 Soundstream PC.6 6.5" component set

4 Pioneer TSA6984R 6x9

4 Selenium 6w4p 6"

2 15" Sundown Audio E's in 4 cubes @35hz

Digital Designs CM1000

Rockford Fosgate Punch p400.4

Plans

New Box

New headunit

New Amps