i have a american express card.. go to their site...

http://www201.americanexpress.com/gettheca...v-personalcards

right now im gold card... Just pay your bills in full..

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

I am in college also and need to do the same. I am just going to go to my bank and set one up with. Nothing big just buy a cd or something once a month lol. Just to start boosting credit until i get out of school

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

Apply for a college credit card. When i was 18, i did it, started with $500 credit line. Now Im 20, and my credit cards have $25,000 limits. Make sure you pay them on time, and make sure you NEVER miss a payment. Do it throught your bank. I have accounts at Chase and Capital One. Your bank will treat you better!

:)

Getting credit these days is harder than before. Apply for a normal credit and see if you get approved. If you don't, then see if you can get a secured credit card. A secured credit card is where you give them like $250 or $500 of you own money and that is your credit limit. Once they see you can make your payments on time and in full, they'll give you your money back and up your credit limit and you'll have a normal credit card.

WHat I did to establish credit was get a credit account at best buy. If you get one never go over 50% of what you have. So if you get a 2k line only go to 900 at most. Just pay on it for 6 months and should have great credit. I went from a 0 credit score to about a 740 in about 6 months.

Lincoln LS build

Dat 4125

IA 40.1

2 CD omega 12s

4 AA carbon fiber 7in mids

3 optima yellow tops

Damplifier pro everywhere

What ^ said for getting a credit card.

My $.02 though: (and what everyone else has said too-) If the ONLY reason you are getting one is to HELP build your credit rating, then make sure you are NEVER late with a payment. Pay it all off every month. Just know that you are playing with fire when you use credit cards. Just so you know that I am not being hypocritical here, I did the same thing when I turned 18 or so. I now hate credit- because I see no sense in paying others interest when I can be making interest on my money. I don't do credit any more once I built my credit score up enough where I could get a home. The CC should be just a small part in your credit score building plan. Other things such as rent, phone, power, water, gas, etc... (with the same rules- pay in full, never late, etc...) will also build your credit rating.

A credit score is nothing more than an "I love Debt" score. (www.daveramsey.com) To learn more about the specifics go here: http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/WhatsInYourScore.aspx

Your credit score is based on these 5 things: Types of Credit (10%), New Credit (10%), Length of Credit (15%), Amount Owed (30%), & Payment History (35%).

So- get a Credit Card, get bills in your name, don't do it all at once, keep in good standing as long as you do it, don't get too much credit for the amount of $ you make, and always pay on time or early.

Then once your credit score is good and you get a good mortgage rate, cut that crap up and pay cash for everything and Bank on Yourself! That is how the rich get richer.

....like I said though- just my $.02 :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

If you have been admitted to college, applied for dorms, and paid your first tuition payment you can get a credit card in 10 minutes at the bank. I went to wellsfargo and established credit with those three things and they verified me in about 10 minutes.. Got my card a week later and haven't used it since! Ballin.

It was $1,000 limit btw.

Edited by JDirty96