Jump to content

Monster 8'' subwoofer


Recommended Posts

Posted
Posted

I have no idea

The coil I plan on throwing in there is a round wire aluminum short winding width 1.2" dual 0.5ohm

I'am hoping to keep excursion a little lower than what it would be in on a 10" or 12" because of course, the spider wont be able to hold up to will with a long throw design

"forlife" asked, I can make it, so he will get it... would make quite a nice table top piece ;-)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

wow is all i have to say how much would one of those cost

Whip:2004 Ford Expedition

Headuint:Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

Alt:MechMan 270 Amp

Big 3: Yes

Rear batts:2x Kinetik HC2400

Power Wire:carolprene 0/2 welding wire

Volt Meter:X Scorpion

Front stage:Kicker KS6502

Rear stage:Polk audio 6x8s

High Amp:Boston acoustic GT-4100

Sub stage:Audio Que HDC3 18s Copper Coils D2

Low Amp:Audiopipe AP30001D

Box:6ft3 96in2 34hz

146.8 dbs @ 35hz Sealed up

Posted

lol.. not sure yet, FiBtlforlife spilled the beans a little early on this one

I will need to factor in machining costs on the frame, and the frame adapter, so it will be costly on the scale of a 8" woofer

so you can make 8's now?

oh man, it goes back and forth, I just got some 8" frames to make some 8" midrange speakers, next I know someone asked about some 8" subs, now I was asked about 8" SPL woofers

where I get the 8" frames from is very expensive, I get my 15" chrome frames for almost half the price of the 8" black frames

so I have been staying away from 8"s

and the 8" cones are as expensive as my 15" cones

so I do try and stay away from 8"s

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted
wow is all i have to say how much would one of those cost

I'm the one thats getting the sub and i dont even know yet. its a one of a kind sub man, if you want one or would like to have one hit him up a PM and ask him about it, he does great work on his subwoofers

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

Posted
lol.. not sure yet, FiBtlforlife spilled the beans a little early on this one

I will need to factor in machining costs on the frame, and the frame adapter, so it will be costly on the scale of a 8" woofer

oh man, it goes back and forth, I just got some 8" frames to make some 8" midrange speakers, next I know someone asked about some 8" subs, now I was asked about 8" SPL woofers

where I get the 8" frames from is very expensive, I get my 15" chrome frames for almost half the price of the 8" black frames

so I have been staying away from 8"s

and the 8" cones are as expensive as my 15" cones

so I do try and stay away from 8"s

lol im sorry man, i did spill the beans :(

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

Posted

holy shit this lil thing is sexy as fuck

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

Posted

I'd like to see how much this sub can take mechanically. :D

How much does it weigh?

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3894 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...