Settup up amps with only 2 rca outputs

Well I want to buy a pioneer avh 4000 dvd. I've always wanted it. It has 4 v preouts but only front and rear/sub output. So I would have to either use it for the subs, or rear amp.

I am getting components for the front, and coaxials for the rear. What do I do?

Amp the fronts, and use the headunit to power the rears? I am for sure using the sub out put so thats a no go.

What do you guys do?

HELP! I am pretty set on the headunit also

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

you can use Y splitters for the front preouts so you can have 2 sets of rcas vs just one set. that way you can hook up front and rear speakers on just the front preouts if you understand that. and leave the Sub/Rear preout free for the sub amp

you can use Y splitters for the front preouts so you can have 2 sets of rcas vs just one set. that way you can hook up front and rear speakers on just the front preouts if you understand that. and leave the Sub/Rear preout free for the sub amp

That right there.

RE SE 12" subs (2) in prefab dual ported box (custom box coming soon)

Hifonics bxi610 mono 600 watt amp

Stock HU

Mach RCU

Apline 5 x 7 S Type Speakers (2) (1 blown)

Stock rear speakers (2)

Pyramid Tweeters (2)

That right there.

thats what I was thinking, but someone told me that it would take away from the surround sound?

I was told it would do something and make it not sound how it should idk something weird

would that be good? What would be the down side of that?

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

thats what I was thinking, but someone told me that it would take away from the surround sound?

I was told it would do something and make it not sound how it should idk something weird

Your car dont have surround sound, unless you have a headunit capable of it (that would be DTS). Having only 2 sets of preouts its very doubt full.

Only problem you will run into will be no fade from front to back if thats an issue.

Before running "Y Splitters" Id look at my amps to see if they have a "rca output/pass thru" in them, if they do Id almost use that. Just because it looks a tad cleaner imo.

Another option that would cost more money would be to run some sort of Processor/eq that has 3 sets of outputs, and with that youll also be able to fine tune your system more then the headunit would allow.

Realistically however Id look for a headunit with 3 sets of pre-outs. In todays technology a headunit with only 2 sets of preouts is pretty weak, and Im sure you would end up upgrading to a better headunit soon I think.

surround sound? i dont think youd have any problems with that since i barely know any headunits with 5.1 surround capabilities...and those are only unlocked when you play a movie dvd of some sort.

afaik you cant record surround sound music onto a normal cd.

surround sound? i dont think youd have any problems with that since i barely know any headunits with 5.1 surround capabilities...and those are only unlocked when you play a movie dvd of some sort.

afaik you cant record surround sound music onto a normal cd.

Theres actually a lot of headunits capable of surround sound..

In fact his headunit is capable of doing so. But as I said in my post, you will need a processor to run it, and it will give you added rca outputs. It wont do it straight out of the box..

You need the Pioneer DEQ-P8000 to take advantage of surround sound, a extra $309 unit....

Link http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2835_P...+DEQ-P8000.html

okay so it wouldnt really mess with the sound? and no I don't think i ever use fader on my stock system, and i dont think ill need to? so I'll be fine without it

I like this headunit, simplicity, easy to use, and it costs 280$ refurbished. I can't really beat the price for what I want, and im going to college next year so no point in spending SO much when I won't have it so long, and I'll have to constantly worry about it getting stolen.

Got any EQ suggestions? I saw an RF line driver thats like 30$ maybe that could do me some good

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

Archived