Anybody else had this happen?

Had my 360 for 2 years of heavy playing before I got the RROD. May I mention I bought a Ntercooler a month after I bought it and NEVER took it off. Had alot of people saying the Ntercooler is crap, but I will NEVER take mine off....ever. It DOES drop the temp inside the 360 dramatically. When I first got my 360, I'd watch a dvd and the side (top) would be hot to the touch, with the netercooler, it barely gets warm after playing games for hours.

Forgot to mention, I have the old school Ntercooler that runs off the 360's power cable, not the new one that plugs into the wall and runs off a thermostat.

my friend's 360 went out on him recently because of that intercooler P.O.S. steals the 360's power away. the brick was designed to power the 360 and the 360 only, it wasnt intended to power aftermarket things along with it

my friend's 360 went out on him recently because of that intercooler P.O.S. steals the 360's power away. the brick was designed to power the 360 and the 360 only, it wasnt intended to power aftermarket things along with it

I have heard of that, but after 3 years now, never once had a problem with it. And I still refuse to take it off.

1996 Vw Jetta

Crunch 1500watt

1- Kicker 15" L7 @ 1ohm in a 4cu. ft. Ported Enclosure Tuned to 32Hz.

4- 6.5" Menace Door Speakers &

2- Menace super tweeters in the dash

139.11db @ 40hz (6/2010..old amp setup)

Had my 360 for 2 years of heavy playing before I got the RROD. May I mention I bought a Ntercooler a month after I bought it and NEVER took it off. Had alot of people saying the Ntercooler is crap, but I will NEVER take mine off....ever. It DOES drop the temp inside the 360 dramatically. When I first got my 360, I'd watch a dvd and the side (top) would be hot to the touch, with the netercooler, it barely gets warm after playing games for hours.

Forgot to mention, I have the old school Ntercooler that runs off the 360's power cable, not the new one that plugs into the wall and runs off a thermostat.

I have the same intercooler and days before my xbox RROD the damn thing was makign some weird noise's it hadn't made since i bought it. :unknw: maybe thee culprit?

any links to said intercooler that plugs into the wall.. may be interested

logo2-1.pngREAudioLogo.gif

This is the one I have:

xbox360_nyko_intercooler.jpg

This is the one that plugs directly into the wall (the newer version):

nyko.jpg

I've heard all the stories of the old one. burnt connectors, 360's dying, melting to the back of the 360. Truth is, the intercooler does not, yes DOES NOT cause RROD. RROD is caused by overheating the cpu chip. If anything the intercooler is lowering temps inside the 360 and helping to cool it, even if it's only a few degrees. Although I can see it killing your power brick, but that mostly happens on the 360's with the bad powerboard in them already.

And for the person who asked, here's a gamestop link for the newer intercooler:

Nyko Intercooler

Here's another, I havent heard much about this, but it does give you a VGA output for playing on a pc monitor:

Pelican Cooling Fan

and remember, Pelican backs their products up with a guarantee, meaning, if they find their product at fault for damaging anything its connected to, they will pay for it. For the skeptical, when you go into a video game store again, pick up ANY accessory made by Pelican and read it on the product for yourself.

1996 Vw Jetta

Crunch 1500watt

1- Kicker 15" L7 @ 1ohm in a 4cu. ft. Ported Enclosure Tuned to 32Hz.

4- 6.5" Menace Door Speakers &

2- Menace super tweeters in the dash

139.11db @ 40hz (6/2010..old amp setup)

I just got 3 flashing red lights the other day, but I was curious how many of you guys had this happen to you, and how many xbox's you've been through. I've had it happen twice now and I should get my 3rd xbox by the end of Dec. and then back to gaming I go.

I'm not going to rant at all or try to talk bad about xbox there taking car of it, I was just curious who else has gone through this. It kinda sucks without it I want to play MW2 bad......I'm jonesin over here...haha

I'm on my 3rd xbox I believe, no problems thus far.

The only annoying thing is having to retrain your Xbox to play videos etc etc (the optional AVI patch only allows D/L once per gamertag so you have to create a new one just to get it on the new machine)

Here's another, I havent heard much about this, but it does give you a VGA output for playing on a pc monitor:

Pelican Cooling Fan

and remember, Pelican backs their products up with a guarantee, meaning, if they find their product at fault for damaging anything its connected to, they will pay for it. For the skeptical, when you go into a video game store again, pick up ANY accessory made by Pelican and read it on the product for yourself.

Yeah, but I'm not 100% on the Pelican train in regards to certain components, their Wi-Fi adapter for one.

So I can save $15, it isn't worth the trouble.

images-1.jpg

The only annoying thing is having to retrain your Xbox to play videos etc etc (the optional AVI patch only allows D/L once per gamertag so you have to create a new one just to get it on the new machine)

Yeah, but I'm not 100% on the Pelican train in regards to certain components, their Wi-Fi adapter for one.

I don't think I've had to do that but again it's been a long time since my last rrod..refresh my memory sir.

I don't have wi fi but heard it sucks for online gaming which is what I mostly do with my xbox.

I don't think I've had to do that but again it's been a long time since my last rrod..refresh my memory sir.

I don't have wi fi but heard it sucks for online gaming which is what I mostly do with my xbox.

Oh it's only for if you watch videos on your computer via your xbox on your tv and it's called "optional media update" or something. It only shows up when you try to play AVI's or something.

As for the wi-fi, it works fine for gaming. It's not that much slower, not when you have comcast or something that is going to be several mb per second to begin with.

images-1.jpg

Oh it's only for if you watch videos on your computer via your xbox on your tv and it's called "optional media update" or something. It only shows up when you try to play AVI's or something.

As for the wi-fi, it works fine for gaming. It's not that much slower, not when you have comcast or something that is going to be several mb per second to begin with.

I was gonna say I don't remember doing any of that the last time.

That's just what I heard from local gamestop employee's that it was better to wire directly into xbox then go wireless.

I was gonna say I don't remember doing any of that the last time.

That's just what I heard from local gamestop employee's that it was better to wire directly into xbox then go wireless.

Not true at all. In fact, the xbox thrives on the new wi-fi band they have out. I forget what the letter is.. G? I don't have that on my router, but it's supposed to be super fast on the right frequency.

images-1.jpg

i had one replaced under warranty. my friend had his second one go out on him but he let me play with it and i fixed it. been at least a year and its still working great. its an easy fix. the penny trick seems to help too.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived