kenwood

alright so i switched my deck last night to a kenwood kdc x590 i had set the gains with dmm to 77v ( 3000rms at 2 ohm) went to play some music and it wasnt as loud as it should be ( compared to the old deck i had in) i used a usb stick with the test tone and the music i have on the usb stick dont get loud but if i put a cd into it its how it should be it dont make any sence to me? so i switched back to my old deck but im just wonder wtf is going on with it lol

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Sounds like there may be some signal loss with the usb on the new hu.

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor. 

i have seen this happen before. my guess would be that the signal voltage isnt as high on the USB side of the deck. my headunit is the same way for the 3.5mm aux...but i guess part of the problem is the 20ft cord im using that can reach all the way to the trunk and then some.

i get what your saying but i set the gains at vol 28 on kenwood on usb stick if i go and play a song at vol 28 from the stick its no where as loud as other deck i set other deck at 33 the same way i did this and at 33 its MUCH louder?

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

If the kenwood volume is lower than the other hu, then just turn the kenwood up more. You may also have to set the radio equalizer to play louder.

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor. 

Archived