DC Sound Lab

Considering switching from a LVL 4 18" to a pair of XL 10"s need some input.

As the title says, want a little input. I have a 04 Crown Vic and was running a single LVL 4 18" off a Kicker KX1200.1 in a 5.5ft3 @ 32hz in my trunk. Sounded wonderful, hit hard as hell for only 1200w. However, trying to get a cleaner sound inside my cabin without the trunk rattle.

I have the room to do a pair of 10s in a 4th order bandpass box firing through my ski hole, and I figured why not upgrade to the XLs. Plan on using a pair of MB Quart 2000.1 amps to power them (already have a MB 4125 on my mids and highs, rock solid amps), so about 4K to the pair.

Just wondering would you guys do it? I loved the sound of my 18", lows were amazing, but want to get at least the same output from the 10s even though im going with less cone area, (but almost 4 time the power)

Thanks guys.

Ha, sounds like your in the same situation that Im in. Thinkin about gettin 2 10s instead of my 18 too, I dont like firing at my trunk lid.

Do you have room for 2 12s? might give ya a lil extra output and be pretty close to 1 18 in cone area.

Good luck with whatever you do. I say do it

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Ha, sounds like your in the same situation that Im in. Thinkin about gettin 2 10s instead of my 18 too, I dont like firing at my trunk lid.

Do you have room for 2 12s? might give ya a lil extra output and be pretty close to 1 18 in cone area.

Good luck with whatever you do. I say do it

Thanks man, and I wish lol. I only have enough height on that package shelf for about 11" so unless I slant the box, its going to be a no no.....maybe something to consider however.

Im def on the fence, its either going to be some big install that takes all of the trunk and backseat, or something a little simpler like I mention above. Just dont know yet :(