Sonic Electronix

Quick question about Ohm loading and 2 subs

Okay guys i have been wondering this for awhile but have never found an answer or asked it. I have 2 aq15s, 1 aq2200, wired together to 2 ohms. I DONT want to wire it to .5 ohms because of stability problems. BUT i was really wondering if u could wire EACH sub seperately as if u had ONE sub, to 1 ohm, and hooked them up to the same amp, since there is 2 (-)'s and 2 (+)'s. Would that work or would that fail? Lol thanks for the help guys its kinda a dumb question.

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

Autopage 2 way remote start alarm system

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

1 AQ2200D (soon to be 2).

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

RF 6.5 comp set (soon to come)

1 run of Stinger 1/0 guage (soon to be 3)

All of the above is all gone

Currently own a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

No audio components.

the terminals on the amp are wired in parallel so that would be fine.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

the terminals on the amp are wired in parallel so that would be fine.

THANKS! I cant believe ive been wasting my time driving around playing them at 2 ohms. Damn im dumb. Thanks man

2002 Dodge durango 4.7L

Autopage 2 way remote start alarm system

2 AQ 15 Aluminum coils.

1 AQ2200D (soon to be 2).

8.5 cubes tuned to 38hz.

Yellow top under hood.

Kinetik 1800 in rear.

Big 3.

(H/O Alt Soon to come)

Kicker ZX200.4

Kicker 6.5 doors (blown)

RF 6.5 comp set (soon to come)

1 run of Stinger 1/0 guage (soon to be 3)

All of the above is all gone

Currently own a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

No audio components.

Wait a minute. The way I'm reading this is you want to wire each sub to 1ohm. Meaning they are dual 2ohm. And then hook up each one to a the amp on the seperate terminals?

If that's what you are saying then that will be @ .5ohm. If I'm misunderstanding you then please excuse me....cuz I'm starting to get drunk. :lol:

Wait a minute. The way I'm reading this is you want to wire each sub to 1ohm. Meaning they are dual 2ohm. And then hook up each one to a the amp on the seperate terminals?

If that's what you are saying then that will be @ .5ohm. If I'm misunderstanding you then please excuse me....cuz I'm starting to get drunk. :lol:

How will it be .5 ohm? 1 set of terminals wired to 1 sub in parallel will end up in a 1 ohm load. Do that on the other set of terminals and that sub will be @ 1 ohm. Or is there something I am not understanding from this?

Plus, couldn't you just wire it up @ .5 ohm, because you'll get rise so you won't really be seeing a true .5 ohm load. Somebody correct me if I am wrong though..

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Since the terminals are internally bridged, the two 1ohm loads will be in parallel. Making it a .5ohm load.

I'm not sure that is the case, but it is how I am reading it.

Well, couldn't he technically wire the 2 subs in parallel for a .5 ohm load, but still be fine due to rise?

Also I think I read some where that the AQ2200D was .5 ohm stable as long as you had a strong enough electrical to back it up, is that true or am I thinking of something else?

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

It sounds like they're dual 2 ohm subs and you have a 1-ohm stable monoblock amp.

With just one sub, sure you could wire it to 1 ohm and at the amp. But with with TWO subs, there is NO way to wire them to get a 1 ohm final load on the amplifier, no matter how you wire them or which terminals on the amp you use.

Sorry to burst your fun bubble!

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

there may be 4 holes on the terminal block, but the 2 + and 2 - are internally paralleled, so thats why the amp would see .5 ohm

and it can take it, but its putting a whole lot more stress and heat on the amp and current draw on the system

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Well, couldn't he technically wire the 2 subs in parallel for a .5 ohm load, but still be fine due to rise?

Also I think I read some where that the AQ2200D was .5 ohm stable as long as you had a strong enough electrical to back it up, is that true or am I thinking of something else?

He said he doesn't want to run @.5 ohm.

As far as counting on imp rise....Yeah, it is a viable option....but I wouldn't recommend it without knowing a lot more about the system and his experience.