Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Do i need a recone?


hawkins6423

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I have a 12" new single magnet fully loaded BTL here and one day it just stopped working. There was a lot of sawdust around the shop I had it stored in, so I dont know if that could play a factor or not. I was pushing it at around 1600 watts daily in a 4cu box tuned to 27 hz. I know its not recommended but it sounded amazing on the lows, anyways should I buy a recone kit from FI? or is it another problem? It doesn't even respond to any sort of signal,, not moving at all. Thanks

Posted
So I have a 12" new single magnet fully loaded BTL here and one day it just stopped working. There was a lot of sawdust around the shop I had it stored in, so I dont know if that could play a factor or not. I was pushing it at around 1600 watts daily in a 4cu box tuned to 27 hz. I know its not recommended but it sounded amazing on the lows, anyways should I buy a recone kit from FI? or is it another problem? It doesn't even respond to any sort of signal,, not moving at all. Thanks

also is it possible to uprgrade my 12" to an 18">?

Posted

Yes you can recone to a larger size but you need a new basket also. have you checked all connections to make sure everythings good even behind the headunit?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6107 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...