Sonic Electronix

Ok, first things first. i have 2 12" alpine type R's and the enclosure i have them in is too small...so i figure its time to build a new enclosure. the one i have now is sealed. and i dont know if i should build a ported or sealed enclosure. i have never built my own box b4 so if someone could help me with that decision and maybe someone design one or help with demensions for one then i could build it? help will be appretiated thanks. it has to be able to fit between the wheel wells of my car tho lol. I have 3 ft between the wheel wells. from front to back it has to fit in a space of 2 ft 10 inches. and the height of the enclosure can only be about 1 ft 2 inches. can someone help me out? thanks.

heres a pic of the demensions

subenclosure2.jpg

i can give the stats of the subs tho....maybe that will help more.

Heres the Sub woofer stats

SPECIFICATIONS

Dimensions

• Added Volume: 0.085 cu. ft. (Reverse Mount, Magnet Out)

• Displacement: 0.071 cu. ft (Front Mount)

• Mounting Diameter: 275 mm (10.9'')

• Mounting Depth: 195 mm (7.7'')

Power Handling

• Peak Power Handling: 1500 Watts

• RMS Power Handling: 500 Watts

• Power Range: 200 - 500 Watts

General

• Frequency Response: 25Hz - 500Hz

Edited by 96saturnsl

Also, bro, it's easier to list your dementions in inches, not feet. Not hatin or anything, just saying! :D

I'm not gonna lie, 14 inches of height is pretty tight, bro! Any chance of goin taller than that?

Edited by shooter69

(1)Fi BTL 15

(1)AQ 2200d

4.33 Cubes~33hz

Big Three done

XS 1200 in the back

yea...a bow plan of the port on the left or right is fine...if u can get me one of in the middle that would be nice 2....but as long as the box sounds better than what i have lol....srry bout the feet thing i didnt know i would be easier....i cantgo taller than that cuz my amp sits on top of the enclosure....

Keep in mind, the room you have in your trunk may not be the room you have for your trunk opening. Go measure again and make sure you can fit a 36" x 14" x 34" object into that space....

2001 Blazer

Pioneer 5900IB - (2) DC Level 3 10"s - Sundown 1500D

dc_sig.gif