Second Skin Audio

Is This Not The Same Thing?

what is positive from 1 coil to neg on the other coil and then neg to pos from coil to coil then running out 1 neg and 1 pos i thought that would be a 1ohm load on a 2ohm sub ?

If I am reading that correctly..you are talking about wiring the voice coils in series instead of parallel which will be a 4 ohm load for a d2 sub, not a 1 ohm load. Wiring the coils in parallel will be a 1 ohm load, like he has them wired already.

Yeah, its just not wired liek you would normally. I still havent gotten but one definite answer lol and he agreed aswell

Well now 2 :P, that is correct and you have them wired for a 1 ohm load

Edited by kl0wn

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

If I am reading that correctly..you are talking about wiring the voice coils in series instead of parallel which will be a 4 ohm load for a d2 sub, not a 1 ohm load. Wiring the coils in parallel will be a 1 ohm load, like he has them wired already.

Well now 2 :P, that is correct and you have them wired for a 1 ohm load

I knew it was right just wired diffrent. As stated earlier another local shop moon. All good, not all shops have idiots working for them

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

sorry bout that post earlier i had a massive brain fart haha, i was looking and realized that it was right, i was just not thinking or seeing clearly.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

sorry bout that post earlier i had a massive brain fart haha, i was looking and realized that it was right, i was just not thinking or seeing clearly.

So when this happens does that mean your ears stink instead of your ass?!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA

Just messing with you. ROFL.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

So when this happens does that mean your ears stink instead of your ass?!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA

Just messing with you. ROFL.

HAHAHAHA too funny

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)

Strait up do ya realize how darn hard it is to get 2 pieces of 8 gauge into a single 8 or 10 gauge terminal on a DVC sub wired in paralell.(can't spell)

Just don't use plumbing supplies like Jonathans ride. LOL I still feel sorry for him.

(EDIT)I would preffer soldering my junctions when you finalize everythiong though.(EDIT AGAIN) and use heat shrink.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

what no duct tape, duct tape fixes/holds everything hahaha.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)

Strait up do ya realize how darn hard it is to get 2 pieces of 8 gauge into a single 8 or 10 gauge terminal on a DVC sub wired in paralell.(can't spell)

Just don't use plumbing supplies like Jonathans ride. LOL I still feel sorry for him.

(EDIT)I would preffer soldering my junctions when you finalize everythiong though.(EDIT AGAIN) and use heat shrink.

Well thats why im doing the drawing on the right. Dont have to worry bout stuffing 2 8ga into 1 8ga push terminal lol. Each will one and come together with a big ass wire nut or twisted together with electrical tape (wont happen that way) lol. Or I will soldered them together

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

I had a guy tell me that if u wire two single 8 ohm drivers in parallel and put the pos to one coil and the neg that it will stay 8ohms. he calls it sieries paralell.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic