Sonic Electronix

Hey all. I have a Hifonics bxi2008d amp and I wanted to update my subwoofers. So what I'm trying to decide right now, is should I go with 4 12" Hifonics Brutus subs, or 1 CVX 15" sub. I figured 4 12"s would bang harder, but 1 15 should get the job done.

Also, I have an Alpine MRP-M500 that I was considering using for a speaker amp, would this work? And also for this amp, there's a little plug with 4 wires coming out of it, what's that for?

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Stinger SR80 Isolator with DieHard 1200CCA battery

Streetwires 0awg

Secondary - 1998 Ford Expedition XLT

Hey all. I have a Hifonics bxi2008d amp and I wanted to update my subwoofers. So what I'm trying to decide right now, is should I go with 4 12" Hifonics Brutus subs, or 1 CVX 15" sub. I figured 4 12"s would bang harder, but 1 15 should get the job done.

Also, I have an Alpine MRP-M500 that I was considering using for a speaker amp, would this work? And also for this amp, there's a little plug with 4 wires coming out of it, what's that for?

The 4 brutus 12"s would be loud as hell I have one in my truck and i get windshield flex.

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

4 12s have more cone area than a 15 and youll be able to put more power to 4 12s than a cvx. I vote for Hifonics.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

The 4 brutus 12"s would be loud as hell I have one in my truck and i get windshield flex.

how do you like the brutus subs? I just locked up 2 Hfi cheapie hifonics subs, but they banged!

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Streetwires 0awg

I'm not sure if you can use the m500 as a speaker amp as i am assuming its a monoblock?

yes, monoblock. I've never amped any of my mids/highs, so that's why I was wondering.

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Streetwires 0awg

how do you like the brutus subs? I just locked up 2 Hfi cheapie hifonics subs, but they banged!

I love mine... Its not even running off of its full RMS yet its about 200 watts underpowered right now and it's insane. But they like big ported box's I have one 12" Brutus and the box is 3 cubes.

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

Would really depend.do you have the space for the 4 12s?the brutus line is decent really for budget builds but im sure they get down.all comes down like i said if you have the space to run the 4 12s properly...and the monoblocl the alpine for the mids and highs no it wont work.they are ment for subs only and not mids and highs.If you wanna amp your mids and hight id suggest selling that mono block and look in to a multichannel for them.

Edit.What vehicle is this going in to?

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.