Sundown Audio

Power Acoustik Warranty---fried Amp

idk if anyone would know or not but im not real familliar with power acoustik amps. if i took the back off of one to try and repair it would this void the warranty through power acoustik or there is a 3 year warranty on the amp from beachaudio.com where it was ordered could it affect this warranty too??????

Edited by jcm1689

Yep. Void unless you can make it look like you haven't removed the back & lie when they ask you if you have.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Yep. Void unless you can make it look like you haven't removed the back & lie when they ask you if you have.

alright thanks, thats what i was planning on doing i just wasnt sure how carefull i needed to be.

kinda hard to see but everything in about a 6" away from the power/ground inputs is completely fried and at least half if not completely melted down........now my question is since its right by the power inputs would this still be cause by wiring the subs to .7 ohms??????? or was it just a defect.....cause i know they probably wouldnt go out at the same time but the amplifier is still fine well for now anyways.

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

Edited by jcm1689

it turns on....the fan comes on....but it heats up pretty fast and it no sound comming out.....no protect light or anything

Hmmm...kinda looks like mine....I just returned mine back to SE, so I'm gonna get a kicker 550.2 or 400.1.....

1 Kicker VSL512

Power Acoustik 800rms mono class D

Pioneer Premier DEH3900MP

Complete Kicker Amp Kit (4G)

Pioneer TS-G1341R 5-1/4" 2-way Door Speakers[/font]

so is that for sure the result of wiring at .7 ohms??? if so will power acoustik be able to tell that it was wiried to low?

so is that for sure the result of wiring at .7 ohms??? if so will power acoustik be able to tell that it was wiried to low?

Definately. Mosfets are usually the first thing to go when going below a rated ohm load. Sure PA will probably know, but they can't prove it, so it will be fixed.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.