XS Power

Got my new Ford 6g alt the other day.

Is meant to be fully adjustable voltage wise from 13.5-19.5v.

But there is no potentiometer ?

Heres a picture of the back of the alt. I couldnt find any screw or anything to adjust voltage ?

091216202936.jpg

looks like its setup for an external regulator.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Also got this email from the Xspower distro who was told this:

I am sure he is overlooking it… please see page 11 showing the rear of the alternator. The red thing is the internal adjustable regulator, and the round hole on the top side is the potentiometer. It is a plastic pot, so make sure he is gentle when adjusting or he could strip it out.

Looking at the catalogue that alt has a clearly visible screw on it. Mine clearly does not.

Also got this email from the Xspower distro who was told this:

I am sure he is overlooking it… please see page 11 showing the rear of the alternator. The red thing is the internal adjustable regulator, and the round hole on the top side is the potentiometer. It is a plastic pot, so make sure he is gentle when adjusting or he could strip it out.

Looking at the catalogue that alt has a clearly visible screw on it. Mine clearly does not.

My apologies for the mix up on your order. When the dealer and I were discussing your order we were also considering setting it up to be used with the new VCM module. (below) When we determined the VCM was not available for it yet, I assumed it was understood it couldnt be adjusted without it. It was my mistake for making that assumption. I've already requested an update on the VCM for this model, and if something cant be supplied soon, you are more than welcome to return the alt for a full refund.

vcm_kit-150x150.jpg

Edited by scottiej

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

My apologies for the mix up on your order. When the dealer and I were discussing your order we were also considering setting it up to be used with the new VCM module. (below) When we determined the VCM was not available for it yet, I assumed it was understood it couldnt be adjusted without it. It was my mistake for making that assumption. I've already requested an update on the VCM for this model, and if something cant be supplied soon, you are more than welcome to return the alt for a full refund.

vcm_kit-150x150.jpg

Hi Scottie

Well its cost me $100+ to get the thing fitted and if I were to take it off I would be alt-less as my old HO has been sold and my standard one has also been sold.

Guess I have no option but to wait for the VCM.

I came into this thread expecting to see a box with like 8 baffles on it.

Dont ask why.

Edited by rival904

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

• 4 months later...

Nearly 5 months now dude and theres still no application for the Ford alts ?

We plan to release a new version VCM this month that will be compatible with some Ford applications. Unfortunately, the 6G will not yet be compatible, but I do have a solution for your application. We offer a harness that will plug in to your alt and allow the adjustment you are looking for. It is a less sophisticated piece, and is less expensive. Please contact us, or your local dealer for more info.

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER