Second Skin Audio

round port area to slot port area

I use these 2 calculators as well as Exos. The top calc I used to fix a problem with a box I built for my Type R 10". Alpine recommended a 3" port but that was so noisy I couldnt stand it. I input the specs of the sub in the calc and it recommended a 4" port which completely removed the port noise and even increased the output.

The lower calc matches Exos calc pretty well.

Enclosure / Port calculators

I use these 2 calculators as well as Exos. The top calc I used to fix a problem with a box I built for my Type R 10". Alpine recommended a 3" port but that was so noisy I couldnt stand it. I input the specs of the sub in the calc and it recommended a 4" port which completely removed the port noise and even increased the output.

The lower calc matches Exos calc pretty well.

Enclosure / Port calculators

i have an xmax of .9" which is 22.86mm so it says i need 10.44" min diamater! thats huge! and 78.52 min area?

1998 Monte Carlo Z34

Stock HU but have replacement

Stock Highs

Stock Electrical

BTL 18 sitting naked

AP1500D

Based on JLs recommendations, a 12W0v2 needs 3"*14" of port, if I am calculating right that is 9.42sq" of port. That comes out to be a tiny slot port and just seems like something is wrong. They recommend 26hz tuning. Am missing something or does it just need a small port.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Based on JLs recommendations, a 12W0v2 needs 3"*14" of port, if I am calculating right that is 9.42sq" of port. That comes out to be a tiny slot port and just seems like something is wrong. They recommend 26hz tuning. Am missing something or does it just need a small port.

its 42sq inches of port

3" wide x 14" tall = 42sq"

1998 Monte Carlo Z34

Stock HU but have replacement

Stock Highs

Stock Electrical

BTL 18 sitting naked

AP1500D