Fatmat Rattle Trap vs Damplifier Pro

Both of these products are 80 mil in thickness, the only difference is price. I want to get my money's worth, but i want to make sure i'm not wasting my money either. Any opinions, ideas, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated. If it helps, i'm going to be doing a wall in my Ford Ranger come spring time. Thanks!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Both of these products are 80 mil in thickness, the only difference is price. I want to get my money's worth, but i want to make sure i'm not wasting my money either. Any opinions, ideas, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated. If it helps, i'm going to be doing a wall in my Ford Ranger come spring time. Thanks!

WOW..

Rather than saying "the only difference is price", a more accurate way to put it would be:

the only similarity is thickness

Damplifier Pro

80 mils total thickness

6.5 mils thick foil (black annodized which increases strength)

Butyl rubber with 30% filler content (less filler means more rubber which means better damping)

Designed to go in a car.

Fatmat Rattle trap

80 mils thick

2 mil thick soft foil

Asphalt/rubber combo with 60% filler content

Designed as a roofing tape and resold to unsuspecting customers

So in every square foot Damplifier Pro gives you more than 3 times as much foil and twice as much rubber with ABSOLUTELY NO asphalt.

Remember, just because two things looks similar does not mean that they are anything alike!

ANT

secondskin_468x60.gif

i bought some rattle trap for my brother for christmas because i wondered how it compared to other sound dampeners...and i was REALLY disappointed in it. it literally was the peel and seal stuff you can find at lowes, same smell and everything, but it said "fat mat rattletrap" on it

Alpine 9886

Polk Audio 6.5 Component db series

Elemental Designs nine.4

JL Audio 1000/1

DC Lvl 4 15" - 3.95 cu ft/tuned to 32 hz

Clarion EQS746

Stinger Voltage Meter

Optima Yellow Top (Front)

XS Power 1200 (Rear)

All KnuKonceptz Wiring

Thanks Ant, i was kinda hoping you'd chime in after i saw your response in the herculiner post. Thanks for the input Kvo too, i kinda figured thats what it was and it's hella cheaper at lowes if you buy it by the square lol. Guess i'm playin with the big boys and gettin some damplifier pro for christmas, SCORE!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Archived