Neon Lights - Mod To The Powermac G5

Well, i've told a few people about it, but I've got the sweet PowerMac G5 and on the front of the tower, its a mesh kinda grill and so putting neons inside would be sweet!! it would light up the entire inside!!

Well, I ordered the cold Cathode blue neon kit and realized I ordered 12" tubes and they are too big, lol.. so I ordered another kit, 4" tubes, so hoping they will come in this week or like tomorrow so i can put them in on my day off. But anyways, I looked around on the internet and Macintosh computers, well its a little bit more difficult to install the neons, altho IT HAS BEEN DONE, but the only 4-pin power source is going to the CD drive, and I'm afraid i might cut power from the CD drive if I put a 4-pin Y cable on there... but im gettin that answer from another guy who has also done the install on a PowerMac G5!!

Below i'll post my finished pictures!

Edited by AlpineGuy87

06 SCION tC

=D Always nice to have some audience in the Apple life! =D

Well i found that the 12" tubes i ordered were too big, so I ordered the 4" tubes and they should come in thursday.

BUT!!! today, i realized i was super anxious and so i managed to FIT THE 12" TUBE!! =D

so, i'll have to get a hold of a camera and take some pictures for you guys!! Especially for my subscriber MegaloManiac

06 SCION tC