Sundown Audio

A noob amp question

Ndnkobra

Hey guys, i was wondering if you could answer a question about the way my amp is wired. I had a friend basically setup my whole system, only thing is he half assed it and now i'm left fixing all the little bits that he screwed up, its unfortunate that you cant get someone to do it right the first time. Anyways, this falls under the question of if he setup the system right. So here's a screenie of the way my speaker wire is connected to the terminals, and will be running to the subs.

570_large.jpg

Is the setup correctly? and if so, why is it setup so that one wire is on left side (-) and the other is right side (+). Why cant both wires be put onto either the left or the right side? Or can you do that? IF this isnt setup correctly, i'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to wire it properly. Thanks for any help!

amp is being bridged that way. i assume its a 2 channel eD amp. i dont know much about their amps or whether its internally bridged

Well, on their website itself, it says that the Nine.1 Class D amp only has 1 channel. I undestand the bridging part, but how can you do that if it only has one channel?

Some brands offer more conections on the mono amps.

Why did you let ANYONE else hook your stuff up(ie, play with your money)?

All the info and questions you may have are all here on this forum.

93' Ford Aerostar

Alpine head unit

4-5.25 MB Quarts

20-10" pyramids super Pro

1 Lanzar amp

Well, on their website itself, it says that the Nine.1 Class D amp only has 1 channel. I undestand the bridging part, but how can you do that if it only has one channel?

the thing is many monoblock (1 channel) amplifiers have 2 sets of terminals like your amp does. if you wire lets say two 4 ohm speakers to each set of terminals. then the amp will bridge them internally to 2 ohms (always internally parallel'ed).

the reason manufacturers do that is just to help make wiring speakers easier.

if you have the amp wired in a way that your friend (whom i wouldnt trust anyone but myself, but thats just me) did is also fine.

Some brands offer more conections on the mono amps.

Why did you let ANYONE else hook your stuff up(ie, play with your money)?

All the info and questions you may have are all here on this forum.

He knows what he's doing so i assumed that everything he was doing was right, its just that he's not taking it as seriously as when he hooked up his own system. I hate to say this but i think that unless you really are into subs, love wiring up other peoples systems and/or get paid to do it, you wont take it as seriously with other peoples equipment. I think he was just getting frustrated overall because of the car he was installing it in, it wasnt an easy install. Cant say it was an excuse to half ass it though, good thing i'm going back to it now though

the thing is many monoblock (1 channel) amplifiers have 2 sets of terminals like your amp does. if you wire lets say two 4 ohm speakers to each set of terminals. then the amp will bridge them internally to 2 ohms (always internally parallel'ed).

the reason manufacturers do that is just to help make wiring speakers easier.

if you have the amp wired in a way that your friend (whom i wouldnt trust anyone but myself, but thats just me) did is also fine.

Alright i understand that, so since my own subs are both 1 ohm, the amp will bridge them both internally to both .5 ohms? is that okay to do though if i want a overall 1 ohm load? And is it safe for the amp?

Archived