where can i get bus bars?

Reagular 0/1 guage power wire? If not where can I get cable?

Any Welding Supply company sells 1/0 cable (or larger)...I get mine from Airgas...(Welding cable will cost you allot less than the stuff that the Car Stereo dealers sell, and is 100% copper stran...No Aluminum)

Edited by JesseJamesDallas

Kind of a waste of time and money to make buss bars for just 2 batteries dont ya think?

In reality a quality brand of 1/0 in short 2 feet lengths will handle well over 900 amps if not more (the 300 amp ratings on 1/0 wire is usually for a 15-18 foot piece of wire. A shorter piece of cable will handle well more then triple the current if not more). And if need be, you can always double it up.

Other then that, a buss bar is just a piece of metal with holes drilled in it.

All you need is copper or a lesser conductor like aluminum, measure out your needed spacing to line up the holes on the batteries.

Dont even really need a drill press, you could get away with putting the bars in a vice and using a regular drill.

Then depending if you want to use a bolt with a nut on the other side to secure your wires to it, or you can get a tap & die, and thread the holes you drilled, which will take a tad more time to make, but you wont have to worry about a nut on the other side of a bolt.

well said ^_^

2010 Spring Build

3 18'' FI BTL'S Sub's

3 New AQ 3500.1D Amp's

8 Run's of 2/0 Welding Cable

2 Dc Power 270Xp Alt's

6 HC2400 & 1 HC800 Battary

Second Skin Audio

And much more...

81433a0.jpg

I dont think a buss bar is pointless for just "2" batteries.... It makes it SO MUCH easier to connect all the eyelets for "+" and "-" using a buss bar, then just using the terminal on the battery. If connect all the eyelets to the battery itself, the final result will look like a cluttered shit hole, where as a buss bar setup will look very neat and clean. Here is a pic of my setup, with only 1 amp connected. I have 4 runs of power, 4 runs of ground.......

DSCF1464.jpg

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I dont think a buss bar is pointless for just "2" batteries.... It makes it SO MUCH easier to connect all the eyelets for "+" and "-" using a buss bar, then just using the terminal on the battery. If connect all the eyelets to the battery itself, the final result will look like a cluttered shit hole, where as a buss bar setup will look very neat and clean. Here is a pic of my setup, with only 1 amp connected. I have 4 runs of power, 4 runs of ground.......

DSCF1464.jpg

Looks great and makes a great point.