DC Audio 12" level 2, RF T400.4, RF 360.2

New vid, kinda hard to really compare the JLs with the new RFs over iPhone video but I tried. The RFs were not tuned at all when I took this. They are much brighter than the JLs but not nearly as harsh. I have roughly adjusted the 3sixty to take some of that brightness out, but I did that after I took the videos. Enjoy!

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

So after playing with the RFs on my drive back from Indiana, I still have to work on the tuning. I LOVE my 360 but it just can't be used while driving from a little phone. Still, even with really really rough tuning, the RFs just are all around a much better set of components than the JLs are. I bought the JLs so long ago, I don't remember where they fit in the grand scheme of JL components. I am guessing the were mid range, not the best but not bottom of the line. Anyway, the RFs just take the power I give them. They are still REALLY bright, but that can be EQ'd out when I get a chance to just sit in the car and adjust it. I should have taken pictures of each woofer to just show how much beefier then RF is than the JL but I forgot. If the weather gets a bit better (kinda iced over right now) I will take a couple pics of the doors although they really look the same with different speakers. I left the trim rings off the tweeters since they look very stock without the rings on. I don't want to draw any attention to my car from prying eyes.

There is my long winded update.

8)

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrading soon. (soon as in late May or early June)

T1000-1BDCP was ordered and should be on it's way today or so.

Adding a T1000-1BDCP

Adding a second 12" DC Audio level 2

Using the T400-4 on the T1652-s components, going to take advantage of the bi-amp feature on the crossover. They should really start to scream then.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Sounds good. Should be a VERY nice install. And finally a box to specs will make a huge difference.

Yeah, and I am going to need to fiberglass the bottom of the box to squeeze out the CU. FT. i need. First time with fiberglass, but it won't be seen so I don't think it will be to terribly difficult.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

• 4 weeks later...

Come this summer I will be working on upgrading.

I already have a T1000.1bdcp. My original plan was 2 level 2s on 1000watts. That would give me about 500 watts per sub which should make the level 2s scream. However, when I received my new RF amp (thanks to Audiosavings for a GREAT deal!) I checked the birthsheet to see how much power I would actually have. To say I was surprised is an understatement, what I ended up with is this:

IMG_0961.jpg

So yes, 1500 watts is way more than I expected. I could still do the level 2s and just tune the amp to 1000 watts or so and be happy. But really, what basshead does that? So I changed my mind about subs and decided 2 level 3s would be a great match for 1500 watts. I went and ordered 2 12" DC Audio level 3 subs that should be here sometime. I just ordered them Monday so I know it will be a minute before I get them. I think I will start a new thread when I begin this rebuild so look for it in a few months. I will have to fiberglass the bottom of the box (sparetire well) and I have never used fiberglass before so it could get interesting. The fiberglass will not be seen so I don't have to make it pretty so that will be a big help but wish me luck anyway.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

• 4 weeks later...

So just to keep this thread updated while my other thread covers what is currently in the car, here goes.

Without going into details, I ended up with level 4 12s. I am very happy with everything Rusty and all those guys have done for me and will stick with them from now on.

Anyway, my new subs:

2 Level 4 12" (TFS Igor Series) D1s!!!!

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide: