Sonic Electronix

WOW I NEED HELP ASAP

ok I redid the DMM with a different tone disk I got 30.00 its 2 over what I need but I figure just a little over wont hurt much it was a huge boost in bass with just 2.00 over in volts I mean how much can you go over the voltage before it really hurts it? I have LPF @ 55hz right now right below 70hz basically it jumps from 50-55-70hz... I have my treble on +4 since thats what I need for my speakers to sound good... I have bass boost on -4 as opposed to -6 , volume @ 26 out of 30 (about 85%) I have gain 3/4 the way up and I have +dB @ like 3dB.

Also I wired my sub correctly, upon inspection its twice as loud as my two Kicker comp 15's off the same power I'm impressed... so whats the highest voltage I can get before massive clipping? could I saw higher my LPF to 70 and +db to +6? and keep gain 3/4 running it @ 25/30 on my deck? eventually im getting a 1600RMS hifonics but for now if I run this for a say a month? @ like 38v would that be bad? 10.00v higher than my amp is... if I put my gain @ full and db @ full and hz @ 70 with volume 28/30 my voltage is like 52 so 38v shouldnt be that high right?

Also I want the best method to breaking this in so it hits LOWS real nice... I'm assuming once its broken it it'll be a lot louder right now im running it @ 20volume for like 1 hour so far I mean whats the best way to go about it?

Edited by jbinn

ok I redid the DMM with a different tone disk I got 30.00 its 2 over what I need but I figure just a little over wont hurt much it was a huge boost in bass with just 2.00 over in volts I mean how much can you go over the voltage before it really hurts it? I have LPF @ 55hz right now right below 70hz basically it jumps from 50-55-70hz... I have my treble on +4 since thats what I need for my speakers to sound good... I have bass boost on -4 as opposed to -6 , volume @ 26 out of 30 (about 85%) I have gain 3/4 the way up and I have +dB @ like 3dB.

Also I wired my sub correctly, upon inspection its twice as loud as my two Kicker comp 15's off the same power I'm impressed... so whats the highest voltage I can get before massive clipping? could I saw higher my LPF to 70 and +db to +6? and keep gain 3/4 running it @ 25/30 on my deck? eventually im getting a 1600RMS hifonics but for now if I run this for a say a month? @ like 38v would that be bad? 10.00v higher than my amp is... if I put my gain @ full and db @ full and hz @ 70 with volume 28/30 my voltage is like 52 so 38v shouldnt be that high right?

30v is what 400rms at 2 ohms is so i dont know you gave the specs. when you start to try to output more power than the amp is actually made to do it starts clipping. and when your sub plays clipped material it sounds audibly like shit/muffled music and it starts to smell after a while (if you smell something acrid, turn it down immediately)

put the LPF at 70. put bass boost on 0, put the +db or w/e that is to 0db. your treble, that doesnt matter it doesnt affect the amp.

400w * 2 ohms = 800

the square root of 800 is 28.28. so you 28v to be safe to output the right amount of power (sorry i messed up the calculation before, i used 450w instead of 400)

if you got your voltage up to 52, your MASSIVELLYYYY clipping the amplifier. that can kill your amp and subs in no time if you ever do that.

Also I don'tt hink I have subsonic and the only EQ on my HU is Treble / Bass and the one that adjust what speakers are getting sound i think fader?

the subsonic filter i think is permanently set to On at 15hz (for god knows why). the only knobs i see are gain, LP Filter and Bass Eq (which should be on 0)

mmm ok I'm keeping it @ 35v I mean yeah I know clipping is bad, but I hear NO distortion , No bottoming out , no clipping (i dont think)

my question is how do I break my sub in guys?? lol I hear subs get almost twice as loud once broken in, is that true? and if so whats the most effective way without blowing your sub, any song recommendations?? I played a 50hz test and it made my CD's jump etc. it was crazy, I'm half powering this sub and its already twice as loud as my former subwoofers so yes I'm impressed.... but I want to get the most out of my 400RMS amplifier if I can... I have everything flat (bass 0 , fader 0 , treble +4) and I have 70hz , 0dB gain and about half way on my gain bar... and I'm @ 28/30 volume getting around 33-35v

It seems like some songs around as loud then I play a tone test or something and its twice as loud as my old setup, is this because my subwoofer isnt broken in?

mmm ok I'm keeping it @ 35v I mean yeah I know clipping is bad, but I hear NO distortion , No bottoming out , no clipping (i dont think)

my question is how do I break my sub in guys?? lol I hear subs get almost twice as loud once broken in, is that true? and if so whats the most effective way without blowing your sub, any song recommendations?? I played a 50hz test and it made my CD's jump etc. it was crazy, I'm half powering this sub and its already twice as loud as my former subwoofers so yes I'm impressed.... but I want to get the most out of my 400RMS amplifier if I can... I have everything flat (bass 0 , fader 0 , treble +4) and I have 70hz , 0dB gain and about half way on my gain bar... and I'm @ 28/30 volume getting around 33-35v

It seems like some songs around as loud then I play a tone test or something and its twice as loud as my old setup, is this because my subwoofer isnt broken in?

put it at 28v dude.....

you break in subs by playing them (in your specific case) normally. theyll get louder as time goes on.

songs dont have 0db tones in them. at best most rap songs have like -6 to -10db tones in them. thats probably why.

edit: distortion and clipping is the same thing, just different words. and you wont bottom out a sub from clipping with the power your running.

Edited by Kranny

Seriously 6v is enough to blow my sub?? I mean I dont hear ANY distortion at all even on tones... I mean it should be fine if I run it @ that for a little while right? So if I pound my sub right now it wont blow from not being broken it? here I'll do a video of it and you guys can compare...

Seriously 6v is enough to blow my sub?? I mean I dont hear ANY distortion at all even on tones... I mean it should be fine if I run it @ that for a little while right? So if I pound my sub right now it wont blow from not being broken it? here I'll do a video of it and you guys can compare...

its better to be safe than sorry. who knows you might come back here a month later saying omg wtf why did my sub blow up? (not saying you will, but its a possibility)

we wouldnt really be able to compare different amp tunings unless it was like 100w to 1000w. cam mics are terrible for that sort of thing.

Edited by Kranny