Sonic Electronix

WOW I NEED HELP ASAP

Ok so I just installed my Fi 15" SSD into my new vented box I wired it up to 2 ohm and got it all hooked up, the sub was moving but it was barely moving... then I turned the volume up a bit and adjusted the gain, then the sub completely stopped moving WTF why is this happening??

im running an alpine MRP-450 to it right now... omg dont tell me i blew something.

Ok so I just installed my Fi 15" SSD into my new vented box I wired it up to 2 ohm and got it all hooked up, the sub was moving but it was barely moving... then I turned the volume up a bit and adjusted the gain, then the sub completely stopped moving WTF why is this happening??

im running an alpine MRP-450 to it right now... omg dont tell me i blew something.

just sounds like a bad ground to me...

how good is ur ground and where do you have it wired?

sounds like somwere in ur process there is a shortage in connection.

Edited by solosickness

Ride Stats:

2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System

X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*"

X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser"

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's"

x1 Kinetik 1800

x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals

x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals

x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands.

x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge.

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.

But the amp light comes on.. and the subs I just had in before worked fine I have my ground to a bolt on the trunk, I guess I could refit it, but wouldnt the amp not turn on at all if ground wasnt connected?? also I noticed the blue light on my alpine blinks almost like its surging its not real jurrastic but its noticable.

Ok they started working I think it might have been a bad ground or a wire that came loose somewhere... I'll go back over my wiring, one question why the hell does the sub flex to little? Even if I turn the gain all the way up and put my deck @ 80% the sub is barely moving... I also have LPF 50hz-200hz and +6dB gain, my deck is also -6 as low as it can go, is it because the subsnot broken in? I'd think @ 450RMS x1 @ 2 ohm the sub would be pounding harder.

right now I'm breaking it in, running it @ half gain, +0dB and 50hz LPF... also ahve my deck on 15/30 and all other settings -6 as low as they can go, whats the quickest/best way to beak in a subwoofer, and how can I get more excursion? btw I tried testing the gain output with a 50hz tone and it didnt read irght at all it was jumping from like 18-35 etc. theres no way I could read it, I think my tone disc was messed up som im adjusting my amp by ear since im familiar with clipping and bottoming out.

Edited by jbinn

i will just say it before everyone else.. DO NOT just turn the gain up to get it to be louder set it correctly.

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

i will just say it before everyone else.. DO NOT just turn the gain up to get it to be louder set it correctly.

how can I set it correctly if a DMM doesnt work? the readout is dumb, I think my DMM is bad or something weird like that... I did AC 800 square root is 28/28 well I wasn't anywhere in that zone it made no sense... Is there a way to set gain without the DMM?

Is ur LPF set on the deck or what? if it is try turning it up to the next 1 (ex. pioneers would be 63) cause if ur breaking it in some people do and some dont, break it in on a higher setting so then the lower notes start coming in and then u can start turning everything up and getting ur freq right. Then that thing will get low low and ull be able to tell when its broke in and adjust accordingly.

IMO

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Ok they started working I think it might have been a bad ground or a wire that came loose somewhere... I'll go back over my wiring, one question why the hell does the sub flex to little? Even if I turn the gain all the way up and put my deck @ 80% the sub is barely moving... I also have LPF 50hz-200hz and +6dB gain, my deck is also -6 as low as it can go, is it because the subsnot broken in? I'd think @ 450RMS x1 @ 2 ohm the sub would be pounding harder.

right now I'm breaking it in, running it @ half gain, +0dB and 50hz LPF... also ahve my deck on 15/30 and all other settings -6 as low as they can go, whats the quickest/best way to beak in a subwoofer, and how can I get more excursion? btw I tried testing the gain output with a 50hz tone and it didnt read irght at all it was jumping from like 18-35 etc. theres no way I could read it, I think my tone disc was messed up som im adjusting my amp by ear since im familiar with clipping and bottoming out.

why are all other settings on -6 and 50-200 on +6? set everything to 0 or flat.

re-do your ground, on the trunk doesnt seem like a good place to me. try the side of the car or even the floor (i have mine bolted to the part that holds down the rear seat cushion). and make sure all the paint is sanded off so its clean and shiny.

get a 50hz 0db tone from here http://realmofexcursion.com/downloads.htm and burn it to a cd or put it on your ipod/mp3 or whatever.

then tune your gains. put your deck to 3/4 volume, and with the multimeter, set it to AC volts and turn the gain up until you see 30v coming out of the speaker terminals.

then you should have it all set and good to go.

muhhry christmas!

Sounds like you have one of the voice coils wired in reverse polarity.

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)