Sonic Electronix

WOW I NEED HELP ASAP

its better to be safe than sorry. who knows you might come back here a month later saying omg wtf why did my sub blow up? (not saying you will, but its a possibility)

we wouldnt really be able to compare different amp tunings unless it was like 100w to 1000w. cam mics are terrible for that sort of thing.

ok I got bass mekanik cd's right now im going to go break her in see what she can do... I wont go above 33v to be save I should be a 28 but im only going to be running it this way for like 5-10 says once I get my tax return im buying a 1600RMS hifonics... this sub can take 800RMS daily easily right? so I should get almost twice the bass on my amp upgrade alone? then a 2nd 15" in the future...

You're running 450 watts... Sending all the unclipped power that amplifier can produce won't hurt that sub... Just play it however you like it... Full tilt, whatever....

Doubling the power without changing the cone area doesn't mean you'll double the output. Statistics say doubling the power makes a speaker 20% louder, but there's really no definitive answer to that other than you definitely won't increase the output of the subwoofer 100% by doubling the power.

Edited by JDirty96

Ok I found out what was kicking the sub off, my power wire was like half in half out big nono .... are you being sarcastic?? because most of my boys run their amps FULL and dont blow subs... hell I turned gain/db and LPF up 28/30 volume for months and never killed my comps... what giveS? is it really as bad as people say to have clipping? because I honestly if I turn the amp all the way up gain/dB 25/30 volume its like 300% louder... when I run it @ 28.28 it sounds like horse crap but at like 45.50 or 50.00 she friggin purs and sounds good doing it...

most people arent even aware of clipping...

You're running 450 watts... Sending all the unclipped power that amplifier can produce won't hurt that sub... Just play it however you like it... Full tilt, whatever....

Doubling the power without changing the cone area doesn't mean you'll double the output. Statistics say doubling the power makes a speaker 20% louder, but there's really no definitive answer to that other than you definitely won't increase the output of the subwoofer 100% by doubling the power.

Dude I can tell you... my single 15" with my amp jacked all the way up blows the 2 15 comps out of the water no competition... but really is it that bad to turn my gain all the way up and put my dB @ +12? I mean they're there for a reason aren't they... I don't understand how I can blow my sub when it sounds fine and it isnt even broken in.

Dude I can tell you... my single 15" with my amp jacked all the way up blows the 2 15 comps out of the water no competition... but really is it that bad to turn my gain all the way up and put my dB @ +12? I mean they're there for a reason aren't they... I don't understand how I can blow my sub when it sounds fine and it isnt even broken in.

do you want to ruin your sub and pay for like a $70 recone?

if the gain was made to be turned up all the way they would just have a button to have it up all the way.

Ok I found out what was kicking the sub off, my power wire was like half in half out big nono .... are you being sarcastic?? because most of my boys run their amps FULL and dont blow subs... hell I turned gain/db and LPF up 28/30 volume for months and never killed my comps... what giveS? is it really as bad as people say to have clipping? because I honestly if I turn the amp all the way up gain/dB 25/30 volume its like 300% louder... when I run it @ 28.28 it sounds like horse crap but at like 45.50 or 50.00 she friggin purs and sounds good doing it...

most people arent even aware of clipping...

yes its as bad as people say. clipping is the biggest killer of all speakers.

if you dont want to listen to some smart people on here then do what you want.

funny how running all clean power to the sub makes it sound bad but having 60% of the amp's output being purely clipped makes it sound good.

Edited by Kranny

I dont hear this soc alled clipping dude, i sit my head right next to she subwoofer and its 4x as loud and sounds just as good, i guess ijust dont hear it, the sub sounds no worse... but i honestly dont want to risk it so ill just live with it until I get my hifonics. I seriously thought the fi SSD was going to be louder off of 400RMS...

and it doesnt sound bad... it just sounds like i barely have a woofer back there... but when i turn all my stuff up it sounds like i have 4 15's back there... if I get the hifonics and run that at 800RMS proper voltage will it be as loud as my current amp turned all the way up?

Edited by jbinn

Please listen to us, put you're output to 28V or 29V and the bass boost on 0.

I don't think people should try to help you, because you don't listen.

Don't start a thread asking why you're sub is blown without even RMS power.

The bass boost is there if the output voltage on the Hu isn't high enough even with the gain on max.

But this is only for older HU's or if you split you're RCA's too much so you have less then 0.2V going to you're amps.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.