Sonic Electronix

so i just installed my front coax's (type r's) and my rear components (type r's) along with my dat4125. my 1and 2 channels arent playing anything but static. i switched the speakers around to see if they were the problem but still static with the other ones. so it must be my 1st and 2nd channels. anybody got a clue? sorry if this sounds like jibble jabble, trying to get it figured out so i can get my car back together

1999 Altima 5spd

HU: Alpine CDA-9887

Frnts: CDT audio 6.5 Components

Rears: Alpine Type R 6.5 Components

Speaker Amp: DAT HR4125

Subs: 2 AQ HDC3 15's coming soon

Sub Amps:(2)US MD2D

Wiring: Stinger

8_RedDevillogo.pngalpine_logo.jpg

thnx man, got everything worked out. i had to switch some rcas around. and everything works! now my only question is what would be the best way to setup my deck, amp, and speaks. right now my deck is on flat. i didnt do anything to the amp, wanted to ask you guys first. i do have an oscope (hps10e) to set my gains i guess ill have to do that in the morning. what you guys think

1999 Altima 5spd

use a 1khz test tone...u can get it from realmofexcursion.com....pop it in the cd player...all eqs set to off....

unplug the rcas from the head unit and hook up the o-scope leads to where the rcas would go into the head unit....

turn up the volume until you see a clipped signal on the o-scope...that volume is how loud u can safely turn up the deck without it distorting ;)

now keep the deck on that level and pause the test tone....and hook the RCAs back up between the deck and the amp....

next unplug your output wires from the amp....(the wires that go to the speakers)....and plug in the oscope....make sure the gains are turned down.....now play the tone and turn up the gain on the amp until the tone clips on the o-scope...and turn it down a tad from that...

do the same for the other 2 channels for the amp and you're done...plug the speaker wires in and bang....

this of course assumes that the speakers you are running can take the power from the amp ;)

All this guarantees is that the power you are sending is clean...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

thnx finkster i was just reading one of your other threads, but anyway when i unplug the rcas from the back of the deck (i have six rca spots) does it matter which red and white i hook the oscope up to? and second, do i have to unplug the speaker wires from the amp, can i just put it on the screw or along side the wire in the terminal for each channel? (guess im too lazy)

Edited by CallMeTy

1999 Altima 5spd

thnx finkster i was just reading one of your other threads, but anyway when i unplug the rcas from the back of the deck (i have six rca spots) does it matter which red and white i hook the oscope up to? and second, do i have to unplug the speaker wires from the amp, can i just put it on the screw or along side the wire in the terminal for each channel? (guess im too lazy)

doesnt matter which side of the rca you use, whether it be red or white. the 1khz tone plays equally on both sides.

unplug the speaker wire to 1, help not damage the speakers incase you slip your finger tuning the gain, and 2, to not make you go deaf which is no joke.

since i got to make a cd for this "1khz sine wave" what other one should i put on there so i just dont waste a cd

1999 Altima 5spd

since i got to make a cd for this "1khz sine wave" what other one should i put on there so i just dont waste a cd

slap a 50hz in there too just incase you ever need it for your subs.

make sure the tones are 0db.

do i need winzip or something to open this file? then from there >itunes> to cd?

between my car audio, christmas, and my girl....my brain is all screwed up right now

Edited by CallMeTy

1999 Altima 5spd

anybody know what setting i should have the oscope on?

and i have the componets on channels 1 and 2, and the coaxs on 3 and 4. how should i set the other settings on the amp?

1999 Altima 5spd