Sonic Electronix

Why do my subs or amp smell ? help asap

Okay so I'm not sure whats going on yet but today im driving lisening to my music half but its still loud , then my girl looks at me and goes whats that smell so i turn around and got a big smell of somthing that smells like garlic bread ( closes smelling thing.) So i think maybe one of the wires that helps me wire my subs from 4ohm to 2ohm is not connected so only one coil is moving. Then i thought shit maybe my coil is burning up. Any help please?

how high is your amp gains up ? pull that sub out an try to look at the coil.. if it's black.. that would be bad.. also could be a tinsel lead snapped and lit your spider on fire lol i doubt that happened.. but take the sub out and check the tinsels and connections

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

Alright man thanks. Any way you would suggest doing my gains ? i have two Kicker zx1000.1's

Def find a better headunit with better output or a godo EQ. As for setting only a DMM can be accurate. Set moderatley and avoid clipping.

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

Archived