Sonic Electronix

Ok I'll check my wiring out tommorow, ill get ACTUAL measurements to my box AND i'll use the DMM on that 50hz 0db tone sine... So how can the box be my big problem fi you're saying the RIGHT box doesn't make that much of a difference in lows and excursion.

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

4 x Infinity Reference 250RMS

1 x Fi SSD 15" Copper Coils D1

1 x Alpine MRP-450

Vented .50MDF tuned @ 40hz

poly resin isnt needed.

wood - about 26 bucks here

wood glue - $3.xx

wood screws - you can get a small pack of em. not quite sure on price. we'll aim high and say 10 dollars just cuz.

glue/carpet or another material...also relatively cheap. i mean, i picked up some fabric for my friends box i did for like...$3 a yard? or something crazy like that. it was on clearance, like left over stuff. it resembles leather a little bit. so...you got a good box, covered, sealed, for less than $45. that's if screws cost as much as $10 lol. fabric could also cost more, depending on what you choose. paint is harder to do, because unless you do lots of prep work, imperfections will show. in your case it'd be easier to cover it, and cheaper

caulk could be useful...but you could also use the wood glue to seal it. it's how i do mine, applied the same way as caulk if i'm suspicious about the joints i put em on when i joined the edges

Ok I'll check my wiring out tommorow, ill get ACTUAL measurements to my box AND i'll use the DMM on that 50hz 0db tone sine... So how can the box be my big problem fi you're saying the RIGHT box doesn't make that much of a difference in lows and excursion.

the right box will make a difference all around. box size, port area and tuning all play a role. you cant build a big box and expect lows if the port is no good. port area has to be right, and tuning has to be right. if you're underpowering your sub, i'd make a bigger box to make up for the lack of power

poly resin isnt needed.

wood - about 26 bucks here

wood glue - $3.xx

wood screws - you can get a small pack of em. not quite sure on price. we'll aim high and say 10 dollars just cuz.

glue/carpet or another material...also relatively cheap. i mean, i picked up some fabric for my friends box i did for like...$3 a yard? or something crazy like that. it was on clearance, like left over stuff. it resembles leather a little bit. so...you got a good box, covered, sealed, for less than $45. that's if screws cost as much as $10 lol. fabric could also cost more, depending on what you choose. paint is harder to do, because unless you do lots of prep work, imperfections will show. in your case it'd be easier to cover it, and cheaper

caulk could be useful...but you could also use the wood glue to seal it. it's how i do mine, applied the same way as caulk if i'm suspicious about the joints i put em on when i joined the edges

Yeah I just like the IDEA of screwing/glueing and caulking boxes just seems more airtight and long lasting... So ok for under $50 I could build a box, so now I have to save up $50 darn it, this is starting to become a money pig, so this new box will REALLY make a huge difference? I mean nobody has answered me to why my subwoofer is moving so little off 400RMS is it supposed to? ever in a smaller box?

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

1 x Alpine MRP-450

Ok sooo... that sub is moving fine for 28.28v @ 400RMS? I mean honestly, is that about what I should expect from a badbox/half powered sub? I mean I see people on youtube with the same sub @ "600RMS" and the thing is friggin blasting, they of course could be turning their gain all the way up and +dB so theres no for sure way... anyone with a 15" SSD around here running under 800RMS? tell me if thats not moving enough?

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

1 x Alpine MRP-450

Yeah I just like the IDEA of screwing/glueing and caulking boxes just seems more airtight and long lasting... So ok for under $50 I could build a box, so now I have to save up $50 darn it, this is starting to become a money pig, so this new box will REALLY make a huge difference? I mean nobody has answered me to why my subwoofer is moving so little off 400RMS is it supposed to? ever in a smaller box?

i say it's because it's on little power AND a bad box. my 18's are in a box that's 8 cubes net, 4 per sub. and that's already tiny as it is, i wouldnt imagine putting them in a box that's 2 cubes per sub. half of what i have now. that box you have is at least half the size it should be. and you cant really compare other videos you see to what you have. you dont know their real settings, or how they have things set up and whatnot.

money pig? welcome to car audio :D

there's plenty of people around here with that sub. just gotta find em lol

Yeah LOL thanks for the help so if I get 3.50cubes box made right and 800RMS how nice will this baby hit? should I expect breathtaking results? lol cause right now im not impressed ^_6well I am, but im only impressed when my amps on 3/4 gain and +6dB which is not healthy for the sub lol... I'm guessing 800RMS @ twice the voltage of my 400RMS would mean twice the power atleast. ah im just worried if I upgrade my amp to a 1605D hifonics @ 2OHM 1100RMS tuned gain to 800RMS voltage and got a new box it would be a waste of money if its not a lot louder...

Thanks for the help guys, sport I will be pming you for box ideas etc. but can anyone comment on how much off a boost ill get from 800RMS and a 3.5cube box @ 33hz

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

1 x Alpine MRP-450

compared to what you're listening to now...yes...breathtaking results lol. just as long as you dont expect to break a 150 or anything ;)

Nah in the future im going to run two of these in a single box with 1600RMS but for now I'll just get the amp and make the box and up my wiring... breathtaking results? like literally? i want my breath to be taken fromt eh bass LOL I'm looking for like 130+ dB if possible with two 15's.

Pontiac Grand Prix SE

Stock 105AMP alternator

8guage wiring

Pioneer DEH-1100

1 x Alpine MRP-450