diy deadening ideas?

wondering if i could weigh down my trunk lid/ deaden the interior panels of it with pegboard and great stuff/foam?

i filled my whole rear quarter panel and all the way to my door and its solid and i noticed a difference in sound. i dont see why it wouldnt work it will make it better than it is now and its cheaper than any sound deadener. just dont get the big gap filler get the one the step down its like the middle one. i went through the big gap filler can in about 15 seconds and didnt get much done with it. then i used the one down i think its like small gap and cracks filler and i did my rear quarter panel and part of my tail gate with one can. yes my honda has a tail gate its a hatchback. but it should work just do it as thick as u can

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

I used peal and seal a few years ago on my S10. On the areas where I actually prepped it that shit stuck! Everywhere else fell off as soon as the summer heat hit. I have some fat mat that seems to be the same shit. If you prep right and don't mind the car smelling like a roofing kettle for a month then I say go for it.

I used great stuff on the quarters of my Hyundai and it mad a HUGE difference. I also used it to fill gap in the deck lid and id worked great! Shit can make a mess though.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up some peel and seal fromm a trailer shop in Madison. They use it to seal leaks in the aluminum roofs. I used a roll on my roof and that stuff is fantastic. Seals great. Doesn't smell that bad. I took a light flame to it before and after I layed it up and it isn't coming off. My roof used to sound like kicking a bag of soda cans and now it's like hitting an anvil with a rubber mallet. I agree with the small crack great stuff. I filled my pillars and roof supports with it and it made all the difference. Almost need to drop the windows to make sure the engine's still running.

If you can't hear it before you see it... What's the point?

Second Skin is the best and easiest solution.

Expanding foam to fill small voids, but expanding foam doesnt really deaden, It just pushes on the metal.

Peel N Seal is something I would never use. 1 layer of Second Skin Damplifier Pro is the deadening equivelant to about 6 layers of peel N seal.

And SS would never come off. Peel N seal tends to soften in the summer and droop, and it dries and cracks in the winter. May only last a year or 2.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Second Skin is the best and easiest solution.

Expanding foam to fill small voids, but expanding foam doesnt really deaden, It just pushes on the metal.

Peel N Seal is something I would never use. 1 layer of Second Skin Damplifier Pro is the deadening equivelant to about 6 layers of peel N seal.

And SS would never come off. Peel N seal tends to soften in the summer and droop, and it dries and cracks in the winter. May only last a year or 2.

Maybe i'm just lucky then. Been four years in Wisconsin and never had a problem with either drooping or cracking. This is in 90 degree summers and -20 winters.

If you can't hear it before you see it... What's the point?