Sonic Electronix

So I'm going to be running two 12" Fosgate T112D4 subs on an AQ1200D amp...what XS power battery or other good brand of battery do I need? I'm not sure what type of power i need to run it...and will i need another alternator?

Is that the only amplifier you're going to be running? 1200 watts isnt too bad, but the first thing i'd do is the big 3 upgrade. Then from there determine whether or not you're still getting a voltage drop, that'll tell you if you need a beefed up alt or battery. Hell, depending on your stock electrical you may not even have to upgrade that much, but i'd still do the big 3 regardless

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=13280

do that and check your voltage while your system is playing and go from there. you really shouldnt need much more for 1200 watts besides maybe a small battery. but check your voltage

Edited by tehbert0

So if i replaced my existing battery with a Kinetik KHC1400 Power Cell i could power my Sub amp, mid amp, both subs, tweets, and 2 sets of mids and it work just fine along with everything else the truck uses the battery for?

If you're gonna be running an amp for your mids, running the cars electrical needs, and the sub amp then I'd suggest going bigger with the battery if you can fit it. If you can't fit a larger one under hood then I'd suggest getting like an HC 800/1000 or similar under hood and a HC1800 or larger in back. As far as electrical upgrades are concerned then you really never can be too safe. You're spending all this money on a system, then you need to do the same with getting a proper electrical to back it up.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace