Sonic Electronix

is it a pioneer deck by chance?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

yeah i would try the ground, make sure you sand it really good, and if it's in the trunk pick a nice location. i had a friend that had the same problem cause he grounded it to the seat frame, but when we moved it to the wheel well and he got a solid connection it was gone

Checked my ground. Added solder. Didn't sand it though because I had no sand paper. There is only a faint hum now. I guess it was the ground. This weekend I'll probably go back and sand the crap out of it. BTW my ground is connected to one of the bolts to my rear strut/shock.

So I figured out the source of the problem. Something called GROUND LOOP. After some googling I found out what I should do which was this:

PioneerFix.jpg

{Courtesy of CA.COM)

Everything is good now. No humming. No muffled sound. Damn Pioneers.