There should be more then one bundle each have two wires.. you need to find the one that has a green with white strip and one other color wire..

there usually is 4 bundles... they all look similar and go to different coils on to the F injector located all near each other..

There is no other way to do tach on the ford f150s it has to be gotten there...

He does not have the right wire that is for sure...

Edited by theabunai

Ascendant Audio Hawaii Rep

Sundown Audio Hawaii Rep

There should be more then one bundle each have two wires.. you need to find the one that has a green with white strip and one other color wire..

there usually is 4 bundles... they all look similar and go to different coils on to the F injector..

There is no other way to do tach on the ford f150s it has to be gotten there...

He does not have the right wire that is for sure...

thank you so much for the help, ill go check now and ill be right back

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

if you have to stray far far away I'd take it back and bring it to the installers attention that he has the wrong tach wire...

I am 99.9% positive that the wire is Lgreen with a white stripe...

DO NOT place the wire back on the one he tapped i am certain he is wrong... I've seen some of the more inexperienced installer grab the wrong tach and it can mess up the fuel injectors...

Exactly what you described happens sluggish response...

Sundown Audio Hawaii Rep

is that on the passenger side of the motor ??

the coils do look like spark plug parts but have either a single or only 2 wires going into then and shrouded by wire loom and black tape

phone camera pics possible

Edited by theabunai

Sundown Audio Hawaii Rep

is that on the passenger side of the motor ??

the coils do look like spark plug parts but have either a single or only 2 wires going into then and shrouded by wire loom and black tape

phone camera pics possible

yeah its on the passenger side between the two fuel injectors closest to the headlights

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

that is the one... in my post a couple post up I posted that it should be on the passenger side between the fuel injectors (at the time it sounds confusing but now you can see it is exactly what i posted)

you can go off of faith that i know what i'm talking about and tap into and see if it remote starts and car runs fine...

you may need to reprogram tach on the autopage it should be in your manual on how to program tach if they didn't give you a manual let me know i remember how

If you still feel leary and have a dmm probe the wire in AC voltage mode..

step on the gas the voltage should go up slightly and when you release the gas and the motor revs down the voltage should rev down..

Edited by theabunai

Sundown Audio Hawaii Rep