The Sundown's Charles Mazda Mx-3 4-12" sa's on 3k

Well I have been out of action for a few months now. Married my girlfriend of 5 yrs and have a 18 month baby girl. So I put everything else on the back burner. Well now that we are all moved into our new place and x-mas is out of the way. The wife as gave me permission to get the car ready for DropJaw Magazine Car & Truck Show in Apirl(Slam Session). Its a Nspl 3x event. I have been in the stereo comp for this show the 2 yrs in a row. The 1st time I came in 3rd with a 142.??? and the last 1 can in 2nd with a 146.???. Well this year the wife want to be in the show contest to. :friends: So she is going to let me rebuild the car inside and out. :clapping: Well there alot of body work to be done before I do anything to the stereo. So everyone know I am NOT a body man and I have every pianted a car in my life. But between me and my friend I think we can get the job done. Well anyway I know you guy and gals are some picture whores so here they come.

This is the driver side door and fender where someone backed into it about ayear ago. I went ahead and fixed the door but i replaced the fender with a used one.

mazdarebuilddriverdoor1.jpg

mazdarebuilddriverdoor3.jpg

mazdarebuilddriverdoor4.jpg

The red spots you see in the the body work is spot putty to fill in pin holes in the filler. The driver side rear need some work as well.

mazdarebuilddriverquater4.jpg

mazdarebuilddriverquater5.jpg

mazdarebuilddriverquater6.jpg

The passenger side needed to have the door replace and and few dings pulled out but not as much work as the other side.

mazdarebuildpassengerquater1.jpg

mazdarebuildpassengerquater2.jpg

this is the only picture i have of the old door but you can see that its pretty dented up.

mazdarebuildpassengerquater3.jpg

mazdarebuildpassengersidedoor.jpg

mazdarebuildpassengerside.jpg

While I was at Napa getting bondo and sand paper I found this stuff call Nite-Shade. Its fir tinting tail lights!!! Work great and at night you can't even tell its up there.

mazdarebuildrear.jpg

mazdarebuildsmokelights1.jpg

I'll have to get some nights of it for those that have never seen this before. All for those that are wondering why i replace the back hatch. I blew the back glass out of the car at Slam Session 09 and was cheaper to buy a hatch from the junkyard then it was to have the glass replaced. There wasn't anything wrong with the hood and passenger side fender so I jsut wet sanded then and sprayed then with paint sealer. Thats all for now

Sorry about the pics I guess photobucket resize and not others.

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Whats up charles. I doubt you remember me. I was at slam session 09. I have the lifted white ford ranger. I talked to you and floyd about running sundown amps at the time.

2000 White Ford Ranger

5" RCD lift

33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZs on 16x8 Mickey Thompson Classic 2s

Euro Altezza tail lights

5% window tint

Clarion Indash

4 Q Power 15s

1 Sundown 2000

1 DC power 300 amp alt(on the way)-soon to be 2

2 powermaster d925s batteries

Second Skin Deadener

Highs/mids amp-Crossfire 404

Door speakers-2 5x7 mb quarts and 1 5 1/4" black max up front, stock 5x7s in the rear

Soon to Come:

Lots of SA-8s

2 Sundown saz 3500s(possible 4500s)

5-7 d3100 batteries

custom clamshell

BNC 8s for mids

undecided tweeters

teamnemesissundown.jpg

What equipment is goin in it?

Pioneer Head unit, MB Quarts Mids & Highs, Sundown Amps & Subs, Knu Koncepts Wire & Rca and The car already has 2 layer of Sound Destroyer 80 mil mat everywhere. Alot of it is left over from the last install. I was using two 15" NS but think i'm going to only use 1 in this install so i can run the amp at .5 ohms

1993 Mazda Mx-3

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Whats up charles. I doubt you remember me. I was at slam session 09. I have the lifted white ford ranger. I talked to you and floyd about running sundown amps at the time.

Hey man

I really don't I talked to so many people about running Sundown that day. But its nice to here from you. If you are close give me a ring. I may sell my 3k so i can up grade. maybe we can work something out.

1993 Mazda Mx-3

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Is it the Ferrari Ferrari never made? lol

Lol no its a 93 Mazda Mx-3 with a 2.5L V-6 make about 200hp. A far cry from a Ferrari's 500 hp

1993 Mazda Mx-3

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Well I haven't done much more to the car becuase i'm waiting on the body kit. But i did go out to Harbour Feright and picked up one of those power coating kit. How do like my wheels :rolleyes:

before

mazdarebuildwheelrefinish1.jpg

mazdarebuildwheelrefinish2.jpg

after

mazdarebuildwheelrefinish4.jpg

1993 Mazda Mx-3

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Archived