Team Sundown's Charles Posted November 3, 2010 Author Report Posted November 3, 2010 Its been a while seen I updated this. I have all 4 Sundown Sa-12's. The box that was in the car couldn't hold up to them. It blew apart 3 days before NSPL Finials. So I went to Finials with 2 perfab boxes. Not what I wanted but what the hell. It was my first time going to Finials so I say F@*kit. I got first in the No-Wall Hardcore with a 150.???. I got lucky all my comp blew there amps. I also went to the Streetspl Finials with only 2 Sa's in one of the prefab boxes. I can in 3rd with a 144.?? avg. I missed first by like .5 Db. Wish I had put the other 2 subs back in. Well anyway we have been real slow today at wotk. So I build another box. Here are some cell phone pics. It pretty much like the box before but it has a slot port instead of the aero this time. Its only temp until the SA-12's are back in stock. I plan to add 2 more and another 3k or maybe get a 4500. 1993 Mazda Mx-3 Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7 Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4 Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass
FieroGrande Posted November 4, 2010 Report Posted November 4, 2010 Nice car and good work on that box, what's it tuned to?
Team Sundown's Charles Posted November 4, 2010 Author Report Posted November 4, 2010 Nice car and good work on that box, what's it tuned to? 35 hz 6.5cuft net 1993 Mazda Mx-3 Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7 Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4 Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass
EclipseChris Posted November 4, 2010 Report Posted November 4, 2010 Ill be honest, first time i saw this thread i laughed. I thought the car was shit, looked like shit, and thought it was gonna end up lookin like shit. Boy you proved me wrong. Car looks amazing, build is amazing and i am just plain jealous. Good work my friend, good work. i resolve to be a nicer moderator. Tercel build R.I.P. Eclipse build Old New V-Dub My feedback.
Team Sundown's Charles Posted November 4, 2010 Author Report Posted November 4, 2010 Ill be honest, first time i saw this thread i laughed. I thought the car was shit, looked like shit, and thought it was gonna end up lookin like shit. Boy you proved me wrong. Car looks amazing, build is amazing and i am just plain jealous. Good work my friend, good work. Thanks man. Saving up for a engine swap and turbo 1993 Mazda Mx-3 Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7 Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4 Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass
Team Sundown's Charles Posted November 8, 2010 Author Report Posted November 8, 2010 I got the new box in and started on the Amp rack. I think I have room to bag the car now. I'm going to add 2 more 2400's and plan to change to a Saz-4500 but that will be next year some time. I did play with this setup on the meter for a little while. It did 145 flat @ 44hz on music. This was StreetSpl style.(Center of the dash)That not bad because I haven't sealed the box and the amp is only wired to 1 ohm. I alway wire my amp @ .25 during shows. I try to make a video for you guy when I get this box sealed up and glass next weekend. 1993 Mazda Mx-3 Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7 Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4 Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass
Team Sundown's Charles Posted November 23, 2010 Author Report Posted November 23, 2010 I haven't done much more to the the set up but here are a few more pics. I did make a amp rack and got everything covered. I still need to make the glass pods for the rear speaker. I pick the plexiglass in the morning and i'll just be waiting on the leds to come in and the 100.4 get back from dB-r. When thats done I'll re-cover the door panels. 1993 Mazda Mx-3 Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7 Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4 Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass
Team Sundown's Charles Posted November 24, 2010 Author Report Posted November 24, 2010 Wow no Smd love for me Anyway I got the plexiglass today. I went ahead and test fit it in the amp cover. I hope the decals will be ready in the morning. I have Streetspl this weekend & want this thing put together. 1993 Mazda Mx-3 Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7 Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4 Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass
FieroGrande Posted November 24, 2010 Report Posted November 24, 2010 I like it, box looks sexy and I hope u light up that plexi. Nice
Team Sundown's Charles Posted November 24, 2010 Author Report Posted November 24, 2010 I like it, box looks sexy and I hope u light up that plexi. Nice Thanks Fiero. I'm glad someone thinks i'm doing ok with my rebuild. But yea I going to light the Plexi up. There is also a channel under the subs that is going to get some leds to. I'm also going to install some under each sit and the under each side of the dash. 1993 Mazda Mx-3 Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7 Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4 Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.