Second Skin Audio

system design help - rockford and AA content

glpg80

my brother graduated high school, and as a graduation present i gave him the system and installed it for him which was 2x type R's on 2x P1000.1's and a cheap 2 channel for the doors.

that hit pretty hard and sounded amazing but now im looking for an upgrade. i need some help/opinions.

i was looking to upgrade to 15's, but saw the box CU requirements and thats nothing i could realistically design in a trunk. just not enough space. so im stuck with 12's which i dont mind at all, but i wanted more juice.

well i recently ran across AA's because of steves recent FI upgrade. i prefer the AA's tone to the BTL's tone and saw they make an awsome 12' mayhem model that can support roughly 2500RMS total to both coils and each coil is a 1ohm load.

since the system i bumped was around 2.5kW, im looking to possibly run 2x T-2500's and 2x of the AA 12" mayhems in either a sealed or ported enclosure.

ive ran both and prefer both, but i know depending on design the speakers could be damaged with ported enclosures and also bottom out which could damage them. since this would be a far cry from my previous setup i definately need some guidance.

i know the 2500's are far from rockfords actual wattage... more like 3300 true watts a piece depending on the supply.

i plan to run 4 batts, voltage regulators, pioneer deck unit, an EQ of some type, and an iraggi alt with the stock vehicle alt. just looking to see recommendations from the pros and help on this design. i am by far no expert on what designs or box tunings sound the best and could really use some help here in the right direction. would the subs be able to take abuse like that in a DD?

thanks for your time,

BTW i usually lurk here, im evhgl87 on youtube and steve might remember me. anyways again thanks ahead of time!

-matt

ah, you mean the peas?

It puts it into perspective. Just imagine a stadium filled to the top with peas.

Sounds like one hell of a soup lol

ascendent audio should have the specs for box size and port for those subs and you can also hit up accordman or one of the other guys on here that design boxes as far as power just make sure the you use an amp thats rms rating matches the rms rating of both subs combined the rest sounds good

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

2x of the AA 12" mayhems in either a sealed or ported enclosure.

Make sure you have enough room to run ported. Sealed and Mayhems together is not going to give you good results. . .

Brian

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Make sure you have enough room to run ported. Sealed and Mayhems together is not going to give you good results. . .

Brian

x2!

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

ascendent audio should have the specs for box size and port for those subs and you can also hit up accordman or one of the other guys on here that design boxes as far as power just make sure the you use an amp thats rms rating matches the rms rating of both subs combined the rest sounds good

i just realized the website had the CU recommendations for each sub, thanks man.

would you guys recommend doing dual channel design, separating each sub from each other and port each chamber? or run as large as box as possible and keep the port for the box as a whole?

Brian

will do. i just checked the site again and noticed the bottom section where it mentions their designs behind ported enclosures.

can anyone give me a link to a readup on F stop freq? its been a while since i read up on it, noticed that the 12's are around 40hz which is somewhat high.

thanks again

-Matt

ah, you mean the peas?

It puts it into perspective. Just imagine a stadium filled to the top with peas.

Sounds like one hell of a soup lol

Archived