Sundown Audio

New Amp

I just got a Hifonics BXi1606d amplifier, and I wanted to hook up 2 kicker comp vr's to it. Well I am getting 12 volts to the amp, and when I turn it up the amp shuts off... I have everything set to 12oclock on the adjustments. I took one of the subs off the amp and hooked up a comp vr by itself, now the amp doesnt even turn on. I was checking the voltage of the wire before I tuned on the music, and it said 12, then I turned it up till it shut off and the wire tested out at 7 volts... My fuse is good on the power wire, what could the problem be?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

x2, set your amp up properly man.

and it could be mad voltage drops. dont run the system with the car off..

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Well, I switched amps with a buddy, and his rockfordfosgate amp worked in my car, and my new amp worked in his car. I had them all set at 12 oclock because that is what the amp book said to do. I switched it back, and it will turn on, but once I turn it up it shuts the amp off, no lights are on except the hifonics logo. When I test the amp after it shuts off from the loudness, it tests at around 7 volts. Once I turn the car off, then back on it will turn on again, till I turn it up. When we had it in my buddies car, we could turn it up how ever loud we needed... I dont understand what the problem is. All fuses are good... Also could someone show me the correct way to hook up two Kicker Comp VR's at 2 ohms? (Both have dual 2 ohm voice coils). I tired it the way that crutchfields wiring diagrams said but for some reason it sounded horrible, no matter how I adjusted the amp... Just let me know

BTW I purchased this amp from onlinecarstereo.com

Edited by Cdizzle

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Well, I switched amps with a buddy, and his rockfordfosgate amp worked in my car, and my new amp worked in his car. I had them all set at 12 oclock because that is what the amp book said to do. I switched it back, and it will turn on, but once I turn it up it shuts the amp off, no lights are on except the hifonics logo. When I test the amp after it shuts off from the loudness, it tests at around 7 volts. Once I turn the car off, then back on it will turn on again, till I turn it up. When we had it in my buddies car, we could turn it up how ever loud we needed... I dont understand what the problem is. All fuses are good... Also could someone show me the correct way to hook up two Kicker Comp VR's at 2 ohms? (Both have dual 2 ohm voice coils). I tired it the way that crutchfields wiring diagrams said but for some reason it sounded horrible, no matter how I adjusted the amp... Just let me know

BTW I purchased this amp from onlinecarstereo.com

sounds like ur have voltage issues in ur car...

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

there u go dude... but that book is wrong... you don't just do 12 o clock... that R-tarted...

Well I saw how to hook it up like that, but how do I splice the wire to run them together to have only one pos and one neg into the amp? Do I need to buy some sort of an adapter?

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

Like in that picture where the positive and the negative on that left sub go into the wire headed to the amp from the sub on the right, how do I hook those together?

Also, they said to START at 12 oclock... I wasnt planning on leaving it there, just didnt want to hurt anything.

Edited by Cdizzle

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif