Sonic Electronix

WOW making me angry...

now that i've compared my coil to a bunch of ve seen online it doesnt look burned.. that black stuff im seeing above the coil must be some grease adhesive to keep the coil together or something since im seeing it on a lot of subwoofer coils and the coils look pretty good, the darkness could just be coloration not sure my coils look like these ones:

http://www.woofersetc.com/images/products/4933.jpg

I thought coils were supposed to be brigther.

they look fine to me.. did you try switching out your RCAs? did you try switching your RCAs to another channel other then subwoofer, like rears or fronts on the head unit..just to see if you still have the issue. Granted ive said this before, and you completely ignored it... (ive had a very similar problem, and it was because my sub channel was fucked up.. )

what is your bass boost set to? what is your gains set to? going over it 1 more time.. your prob drawing 2 much power on 8g its heating up, causing it to stop playing for a little bit, then start back up as well..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I'm putting in new RCA's tommorow so I can test again... heres how I had it setup when it started doing it im not gonna lie:

35v @ 50hz 0DB SINE TONE (30-35v on most beat machanik CD's) so yes I WAS clipping it a little but the sub NEVER distorted and NEVER smelt bad.

0 BASS ON HU (flat)

+3 TREBLE

0 FADE

Gain 3/4 way (0.3v)

DB GAIN ON AMP +0 (off all the way)

70hz LPF

Volume 26/30 (3/4 the way)

been playing it like that fine for awhile used to do it before but only once every great while now it does it bad... but I havn't tried new RCA's (doubt its that but ill try anything at his point, so my coils really arent blown im being paranoid? I WISH i could get a better picture but I cant.

Also my comps were 500RMS as a pair running full gain, full +Db gain @ 26/30 volume for hours NEVER messed up before, does that mean my Fi is pulling more from my AMP at higher gains? also I don't know if my DEH-1100 has an output RCA I will try that tommorow when I try the new pair.

rmschartpm5.jpg

thats how you set it...

im sure you need a -3 or -5db 50hz test tone, i cant remember which one, some one else care to chime in?

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I'm putting in new RCA's tommorow so I can test again... heres how I had it setup when it started doing it im not gonna lie:

35v @ 50hz 0DB SINE TONE (30-35v on most beat machanik CD's) so yes I WAS clipping it a little but the sub NEVER distorted and NEVER smelt bad.

0 BASS ON HU (flat)

+3 TREBLE

0 FADE

Gain 3/4 way (0.3v)

DB GAIN ON AMP +0 (off all the way)

70hz LPF

Volume 26/30 (3/4 the way)

been playing it like that fine for awhile used to do it before but only once every great while now it does it bad... but I havn't tried new RCA's (doubt its that but ill try anything at his point, so my coils really arent blown im being paranoid? I WISH i could get a better picture but I cant.

probably your problem right there. absolutely no reason to set your gain knob to .3v. NO headunit on the market has a preout voltage that low.

if you KNOW your clipping it, why keep clipping it? tune the gains to where they should be. i dont understand people "its clipping but i dont smell anything so its fine"

get a better ampkit, whatever the biggest sized wire you can fit in the amp, get a kit according to that. knukonceptz.com

edit: oh yea even though everyone else said this, scrape the paint off your grounding point.

So you think the preout on the amp can't keep up with my gain? I DID have it set to NOM half gain and it was 28.28 but my dumbass decided to clip it for the extra bass knowing that it was dumb and put it at 0.3v putting it into clipping @ 35v... Erm dumb yes, all I want to now at this point is... is my subwoofer coils burned? or are they fine?

if you are getting a reading from them, they SHOULD be fine, when i blew one of my coils, i couldnt get a reading at all from it...

Team DC Audio

Archived